X

Feedback on Breakins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on Breakins

As of today, all brand new brake pads, and a set of brand new Pilot Road 2's. I would appreciate any feedback on the right way, wrong way, and importance of breaking in tires, and or brakes.

Just ride the bike as you normally do, just remember the tires will be a bit slick for the first few heat cycles so don't go all gung ho just yet.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Just ride the bike as you normally do, just remember the tires will be a bit slick for the first few heat cycles so don't go all gung ho just yet.

Comment

50-100 miles gradually increasing inputs, then forget about it.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
          This is exactly how I handled it on my new Shinko tires I just installed (005 Advance model) and after about 100-150 I wasn't worrying anymore. Around 200 miles on them I was taking roundabouts at 20-30mph and getting about 2/3 of the way to knee down with no slipping or worries.
          1991 Katana 750 (GSX750F) 23K miles
          -Mystic Color Shifting Paint (Cyan/Magenta)
          -Corbin Seat

Comment

when I do brakes on anything I tell people to try and take it easy for a couple days "DONT DRIVE IT LIKE IT IS STOLEN"
            "but if you need to use them in an emegency use them"

Pads tend to seat in , but hard first cycles can cause hard spots on the pads and rotors
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Good advice, a couple of hundred miles then. Thanks also!
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
              Black painted seat and rear trim,
              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

On your tires take some sandpaper (120 grit is what I used on mine this time) and scrub the tires with that. I do this with all my tires to help remove the stuff that keeps the tires from dry rotting on the shelf. Bikes like the R1 come with a scrub pad when bought new. Just becarfull for the first 100 miles on the tires.

Brake pads make sure your rotors are clean and just brake has normal and they will seat in.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

i was told that the michelins dont use the agents that the dunlops continue to use to keep the shelf life going... dunlops are slick *** tires but the michelins are pretty good right off the shelf just dont whip around

Comment

Working...
                    X