X

Need a hand!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a hand!!

Anyone out there near my area got a press tool I could get up with you and use?? I have a new chain/sprockets coming this week and I really don't want to pay close to $100 for a tool that I'm going to probably use only once. Any help would be mucho appreciated!!
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
    ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
    ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

I paid $60 for my cutter/riveter on ebay. It was my first chain to do and it worked great. I figured I would go ahead and get one because I plan on doing many more.
    It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

you can rent one at you local shop at least around here i got one for 20 bucks for 2 days.

Comment

Check harbor freight or jc whitney maybe cheaper than 60 bucks and good enough for one time use i think.
        Im not a carburetor guru.

Comment

Hey guys, would this be what I need???

'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
          ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
          ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Nicely done. I was just going to say always check the local HF.
              Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

I dremel off the old chain and put a temp link in for my 2 mile trip to a shop. But at the price in your link, I'd go with that.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

That is a chain breaker, but it doesn't say anything about being a riveter. Not sure what type of chain (rivet or clip) but if that tool only breaks chains, then you are still going to have to buy another tool to finish the job. Well, at least I did because I had never done one before and I didn't want to screw up. Some say you can rivet with a hammer and after doing one with a tool made for riveting, a hammer seems like it would be extremely diffficult. Just trying to help, because like you, I wanted to have everything there when the chain arrived so I could get it fixed and start riding ASAP. Maybe someone else with more experience could ellaborate here.
                  It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

EASIEST WAY BY FAR to break a chain is with a Dremel. Spend the money. Because you'll use the Dremel for TONS of things as well.

To press / rivet search Ebay...there is a knock off of the $110 RK took that sells for $40. I used it and it works great.

Search for a post by me, and you'll see pics and everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X