X

Front wheel dilema 2002 katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wheel dilema 2002 katana 600

ok so here is m delima i have a 2002 katana 600 which i pick up for 900 bucks. the old front wheel some one hit a pot hole or something and dented it. and the guy i bought it from tried to put a gsxr wheel on it. no ofset in the rotors. he bout another wheel which looks idendical to the dented one, only problem is i dony have any spacers. does it take 3 like the microfece says, and they are on back order. does anyone have a set latying around

welcome
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by bmxnick7 View Post
      ok so here is m delima i have a 2002 katana 600 which i pick up for 900 bucks. the old front wheel some one hit a pot hole or something and dented it. and the guy i bought it from tried to put a gsxr wheel on it. no ofset in the rotors. he bout another wheel which looks idendical to the dented one, only problem is i dony have any spacers. does it take 3 like the microfece says, and they are on back order. does anyone have a set latying around
      I'm trying to figure out how that wheel is supposed to fit.

The axle sizes don't match, the hub is wider, the stock spacers would not work right because of that, and the rotors are not going to line up with the calipers/hit the forks.

Unless the PO did alot more than just get the wheel.

I would suggest you look at replacing the wheel with the stock rim, and sell off the GSXR front wheel.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i have a stock one, but i have no spacers for it the gsxr wheel is off, i need to find the spacer so i can put it back on

Comment

Originally posted by bmxnick7 View Post
          i have a stock one, but i have no spacers for it the gsxr wheel is off, i need to find the spacer so i can put it back on
          Ebay is cheap option ussually for it. Look in combination with the front axle.

Like this one for example...

BTW, DomnicProfenno is great to purchase from on ebay. Always have great transactions with him.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X