Highway tire recomendations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway tire recomendations

The majority of my riding is highway at 75 mph
    I only have about 6000 miles on the rear and she is pretty much center bare (bridgestone) Had to replace the front already

looking for a tire that wont go flat in the center so fast

I use the bike as a commuter 5 days a week so it is what it is
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Something rock hard, Dunlop?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Something rock hard, Dunlop?
      not extreme, still need to get her stopped in a hurry if needed

Comment

Maybe take a look at the Diablo Strada from Pirelli, a lot of SS riders are starting to use them as they have almost as much grip as a sport tire but last a hell of a long time.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

pilot road 2 would be a good choice
          sigpic
          -Cory-
          1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

Originally posted by overboost07 View Post
            pilot road 2 would be a good choice
            +1... pretty sure that was what Spraguephyco was using for his across the US trip, and it barely showed any wear.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Z6 or Strada. I've run 2 pairs of each since I got rid of the stock Macadams and they are both great commuter tires. I have a 130km round trip to work, all of it highway unless I goof off on the service road corners.

Both tires are good from early spring until late fall and in all weather. And they handle the twisties just fine.

I've got a pic of a set of Z6's with 16K kms on them next to a new set somewhere. I'll post it up if I can find it.
              Kyle

Comment

With the new Michelin's on the market; Roads and CT's prices are slashed here in Fla.

Comment

doesnt dunlop have a hard center/soft outer tire out now?

Comment

I commute 80 miles r/t a day - Metzler Z6's generally good for 12-15K. Diablo Stradas gave me 8-10K. Both are great all rounders for mileage as well as spirited riding.
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Ugh

the perelli scares me with the smooth center , I ride in the rain on the highway
                      Leaning towards the Conti
                      Michelin?????

Comment

Just put these on the ZZR. Great thus far, but only a few hundred miles on them.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Shinko Ravens......... FDuranCol has made it to Colombia on them so far (a lot of miles between Colorado and Colombia) ..... plus they're cheap enough that it won't bother you so much to replace them when they get squared off.

Originally posted by Idrivetoys View Post
                          doesnt dunlop have a hard center/soft outer tire out now?
                          The Dunlop 208's I ran had a hard center....... but it was too much. It was so hard I couldn't get the bike to hook up even on a prepped dragstrip. The sides were sticky enough to get down in the corners, though.
                          Last edited by loudnlow7484; 03-21-2010, 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

i love my contis but not sure what the long term mileage is

Comment

Michelin Pilot Activ

The hardest sport touring componund out there.
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                              X