Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

SQUIGGY and those who did the SV chain adjusters....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQUIGGY and those who did the SV chain adjusters....

I'm using 1st gen SV adjusters on my pre 98.

Grinding the end caps smooth...not a big deal. Got the caps to fix perfect.

The inside adjusters are another matter however.

I have grinded and grinded and grinded....and they are still a tight fit inside the swingarm.

How tight is too tight? I mean is having to tap them in with a screwdriver and hammer too tight?

I mean the threaded bolt just pulls them back to tighten the chain right?

I'm using a dremel with a grind / cut off wheel...and the going is SLOOOOW.......

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
    I'm using 1st gen SV adjusters on my pre 98.

Grinding the end caps smooth...not a big deal. Got the caps to fix perfect.

The inside adjusters are another matter however.

I have grinded and grinded and grinded....and they are still a tight fit inside the swingarm.

How tight is too tight? I mean is having to tap them in with a screwdriver and hammer too tight?

I mean the threaded bolt just pulls them back to tighten the chain right?

I'm using a dremel with a grind / cut off wheel...and the going is SLOOOOW.......
    Should be able to push them in, but tight without grinding them. If your grinding, and still tight... make sure your swingarm ends are square, and the sides are not pushed in.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

They will go in with a little persuasion...tapping from a hammer.
      Is that too tight? Will it effect anything?

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
        They will go in with a little persuasion...tapping from a hammer.
        Is that too tight? Will it effect anything?
        Just a pain in the arse to push in/remove at a later time. But... no, won't hurt anything.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That's what I figured. I'm going to get a better bit so I can grind 'em a bit more to make 'em fit a little better.....

Thanks.

Comment

I banged mine in with a 5lb hammer. Works fine for me.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Got them in. They took some "persuasion"..but because I was changing sprocket size, and was kind of in between chain lengths, I'm going to need to pick up some longer bolts...

See the post here

This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Comment

Working...
              X