X

first time buying new rear tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time buying new rear tire

ive done some searchin on here and some peope say they are good tires but was wondering what would be a good price they are the pirelli diablo rosso 160/60 17 also i believe it would fit its a stock 89 600 rim. oh and the price is 128.94.

Originally posted by dougyfresh View Post
    ive done some searchin on here and some peope say they are good tires but was wondering what would be a good price they are the pirelli diablo rosso 160/60 17 also i believe it would fit its a stock 89 600 rim. oh and the price is 128.94.
    Rim Size vs Tire size.
    3" = 130-140
    3.5" = 140-150
    4.5 = 150 - 160
    5.5 = 170-180
    6" = 180-190

Recomended sizes. You can always shoe horn something larger... but those are going to give you the best fit and profile for the tire to work the most effectively, and safely. If you want larger tires, you need larger rims.

Price listed seems like a good price, is that shipped or no shipping needed?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i believe it was like 18 more for shippin

Comment

Originally posted by dougyfresh View Post
        i believe it was like 18 more for shippin
        Check motorcycle-superstore.com... they do free shipping over $75 orders, and I think that same tire was around $135. Still with in a few dollars, but a tad cheaper after shipping.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ok checking them out.

Comment

I have them in 120/70 and 180/55 and absolutely love them.

Phenomenal dry grip, adequate wet grip, decent life (about 3k miles so far and should last another season or maybe two.) The hard compound in the center doesn't give much feedback, so if you're just riding around town I wouldn't rec. these tires. Once the speeds raise and the lean angle increases, the feel gets MUCH better.

Very confidence inspiring. I paid $360 mounted for a set.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
            X