X

cbr wheels help!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbr wheels help!!!!!!!

hey guys ive been on here now for 3 day looking for the post on cbr wheel fitment!!! what im looking 2 do is swap out the cbr rear wheel for the wider tire an i plan on getting hopfully a 92-95 gsxr trips an cbr 43mm tubes and ect anyone done or heard of this please help
    95 kat 600 bober/fighter project thx

Why a cbr rear wheel? There are a couple of great write-ups on gsxr rear wheel fitment...and also a few on fitting gsxr/hayabusa forks...use the google site search instead of the standard search option, it works a bit better.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

People typically put CBR wheels on SV's....I can't remember anyone doing it on a Kat. From what I hear, GSXR wheels are a much easier swap.

Comment

Originally posted by ratatunabob95 View Post
        hey guys ive been on here now for 3 day looking for the post on cbr wheel fitment!!! what im looking 2 do is swap out the cbr rear wheel for the wider tire an i plan on getting hopfully a 92-95 gsxr trips an cbr 43mm tubes and ect anyone done or heard of this please help
        95 kat 600 bober/fighter project thx

I can't answer the question, as I don't have enough information and don't feel like spending a few hours re-searching it.

Post with the following info and I can answer your questions...

Stock bearing sizes used by the wheel you have. ## X ## X ## format
        stock rotor sizes used by the wheel you have. ## X ## X ## format
        stock distance between inside to inside of the swingarm, measured at the closest point of the axle slot to the motor.
        Length of the cbr stock axle from inside the head, to the first thread.
        Rim size, and planned tire size.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

mostly i think the cbr wheels look alot better because of the 5star but i found a link on oldskoolsuzuki.net about puting cbr wheels on a 87 gsxr how far off is a gsxr swinger from the kat?

Comment

mostly i think the cbr wheels look alot better because of the 5star but i found a link on oldskoolsuzuki.net about puting cbr wheels on a 87 gsxr how far off is a gsxr swinger from the kat?
            Aprox 1" wider, with 3mm larger axle slots when compared to a Kat swinger.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

now my next question is for u guys with gsxr wheels i can get an srad wheel but ive noticed the walk thru on the swingarm mod dosnt give any #s or measurements can any one help with that or is it disclosed cause i dont want 2 spend 350 on an fn moded stock kat SW off ebay considering i have a full machine shop @ my finger tips and i got 3 free kat swingarms yesterday.and i know $ will make anything fit but im trying 2 keep the build under $2000 so i got 1100 left after i baught the bike and i just bought a set of 94 trips so i can run the 05 gsxr usds that i got comin.

Comment

now my next question is for u guys with gsxr wheels i can get an srad wheel but ive noticed the walk thru on the swingarm mod dosnt give any #s or measurements can any one help with that or is it disclosed cause i dont want 2 spend 350 on an fn moded stock kat SW off ebay considering i have a full machine shop @ my finger tips and i got 3 free kat swingarms yesterday.and i know $ will make anything fit but im trying 2 keep the build under $2000 so i got 1100 left after i baught the bike and i just bought a set of 94 trips so i can run the 05 gsxr usds that i got comin.
                $350 OBO... contact that guy, he might accept a lower offer.

That aside, what measurements are you looking for?

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

where and how big the notches need 2 be to widen it or is it a kinda go off the wheel and how the chain lines up?

Comment

where and how big the notches need 2 be to widen it or is it a kinda go off the wheel and how the chain lines up?
                    1/4" wide, 2" apart. Cut all 4, use a spacer for the width you need between the inside (pvc pipe cut to length over the axle) then bend to shape.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

thx krey

Comment

thx krey
                        For payment I require you post good pics of the work...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                        X