X

What size of chain?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size of chain?

I am looking into getting a new chain for my 02 600 katana. I am not going to replace the sprockets.....just the chain. I gave the bike to my wife a few years ago and she had some issues and didn't ride it for the past couple of years. Anyway the chain has become very rusted from sitting in storage. The bike only has 8000kms on it, so I just want to slap a new chain on it. My question is " is the stock chain a 520 or a 530" ? I had thought it was a 530 and on DennisKirk website it brings up a 520 chain?

Thanks
    2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
    2002 GSXF 600 Blue

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I thought 530 as well..
      -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
        I thought 530 as well..

Is what I thought aswell.........but when I selected a 530 chain on the site, it said it was not for my bike?
        2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
        2002 GSXF 600 Blue

Comment

The GSXR is a 520.
          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Beats me too

Originally posted by steves View Post
            The GSXR is a 520.

I guess its a 530
            Last edited by Ythen57; 02-12-2010, 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
            2002 GSXF 600 Blue

Comment

pretty sure it's a 530 stock, but i'd really recommend replacing the sprockets and chain at the same time. I think a full 520 conversion kit is only like $130 on ebay.

There is absolutely no reason to run a 530 chain on a 70 hp bike. Even busas do just fine with 520's. the 530 just adds weight IMO

Comment

*rolls eyes*

Suzuki put a 530 on it form the factory. IMO, replace it with a 530.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Thats

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  *rolls eyes*

Suzuki put a 530 on it form the factory. IMO, replace it with a 530.

what I was thinking....plus the sprockets have no wear whatsoever. I would rather just slap a chain on it for her. If she puts 2000kms this summer I will fall over. Any suggestions on a chain?
                  2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
                  2002 GSXF 600 Blue

Comment

Originally posted by tmk7c9 View Post
                    pretty sure it's a 530 stock, but i'd really recommend replacing the sprockets and chain at the same time. I think a full 520 conversion kit is only like $130 on ebay.

There is absolutely no reason to run a 530 chain on a 70 hp bike. Even busas do just fine with 520's. the 530 just adds weight IMO
                    i agree. i run a 520 and its done just fine, even after break in i didnt even have to adjust it any. plus the conversion took alot of the weight off as well. i think it was like 3 pounds.
                    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
                    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Comment

what if the bike is a 1990 600? is it still a 530 cause I have to change my chain aswell. thanks for the help!

Comment

Yes, 530 is stock.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

thanks. now where can I find a place that will sell a 530 chain for a great price?

Comment

ok well im not the original owner of my bike how do i know if my setup is still stock or not sorry for the thread jack

Comment

Working...
                              X