Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New tires install.......rotors or no rotors???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires install.......rotors or no rotors???

Quick question: This is my first time buying new tires (Continental Road Attacks) and getting them put on the rims ---When you go to the stealership or wherever to get new tires put on your rims do you take the rotors and sprocket (for rear) off and just bring the "bare" rim or do you just take the wheel off the bike and there you go??
    Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Take leave them on. It is better if they balance with them on. I know I balance my rear with them on.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Rotors always stay on. Sprocket carrier usually comes off for mounting, then back on for balancing. So yeah, just take the whole thing in. And be kind, clean the wheels and sprocket as much as you can. Nobody wants to stick their hands in your grease.

Make sure you call around and check prices for M/B, as they can vary wildly (as do reputations for scratching wheels.)
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Comment

A local stealership in ky wanted over $150 to mount a front tire on my brothers pre.

Comment

I recently gave about $60 for mounting two tires and switching wheel bearings at the dealers (tires and bearings not included). Sounds like your dealerships "over there" are quite expensive?

Comment

A garage by me does them for $20.00 a tire.

Comment

lol mine fell off when they gave it back.
                i had to put it all back together myself once i got it home
                the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
                  Take leave them on. It is better if they balance with them on. I know I balance my rear with them on.

good thinking, never though about that, also because your hub is attached it would change the balance if you have bare wheels
                  this is the best icon eva

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                    A local stealership in ky wanted over $150 to mount a front tire on my brothers pre.

$58 here for that.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                      $58 here for that.
                      That is still ridiculous. $30, off the bike, seams high to me, but I guess the shops have to make money somewhere, especially if they aren't making anything on the tire itself.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet
                      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                        That is still ridiculous. $30, off the bike, seams high to me, but I guess the shops have to make money somewhere, especially if they aren't making anything on the tire itself.
                        They do the whole job for $58...I ride it to the shop, they have a new tire on in less than 30 minutes usually. They give good deals (same a Internet warehouse discount tire prices) on the tires and I don't mind paying for the installation. I'm not skilled at removing the tires (okay, I probably am actually...have worked with a friend doing it)...guess the main thing I don't have in my life these days is the extra time, and I pay for it sometimes too.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Dealership by me wanted $75 per tire on the bike, or $35 each tire off the bike.

The shop I bought my tires from mounted them both for $35 on the bike.
                          Originally posted by arsenic
                          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Every dealership around me wanted 60 per tire mount/balance if i bought the tires from them, and 80 if i bought them elsewhere. 80 and 100 if the wheels were still on the bike. I just done it in my garage for 4 bucks worth of equal balancing powder.

Comment

40 to 50 bucks aint bad. for each one
                              99 Ford F150 4x4
                              04 Mustang GT
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              06 GSX600F
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X