X

Warped wheels??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warped wheels??

Is it bad to ride with one in the Front?? Its not so bad that its rubbing or anything its just a little off balance. It shakes slightly when I let go of the handle bars.

I wasnt going to take it very far I just need to get it to a tire shop to swap my tires on another rim that isnt warped thats maybe 30 miles.
    92 Kat 750 rebuild from dead 108 days and counting till i get my license BACK
    01 mercury cougar
    00 cougar black
    sigpic

I would do it. I wouldn't exceed 30 mph though, just limp it on the back roads.

Wouldn't want to see you get hurt. I had a bent rim on my old virago, the front had a big flat spot. The front end was like holding on to a jackhammer.

My biggest concern is you going too fast and getting into a tank slapper.

Stay slow, good luck,
    j

Comment

Are you sure the wheel is bent? Worn head bearings, misalignment of the wheels, cupped tires, or an improperly setup fork will all yield some headshake. Headshake sounds like what you are describing.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Check everything else that might be causing the shake. As long as you know what you're into, riding a wheel with a flat spot or big dent on the rim is not a big deal. Take your time, try not to take too much risk on your way to the tire shop.

Comment

Working...
        X