X

2ct vs metzeler m3 vs a touring tire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ct vs metzeler m3 vs a touring tire?

about done with my current set of Metzeler z6s.... I'm considering a more sporty tire like the michelin 2ct or Metzeler M3. Anyone with M3 experience?

I've just put another set of m3's on mine, I love them, probably not gonna get as much life as the z6's but they grip like crazy and warm up pretty quick. I got around 6k out of my last set
    sigpic
    -Cory-
    1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

no experience... but based on everything i've read about tires, going with a true sport/race type tire won't benefit you at all. most riders never push their bikes hard enough to get the full potential out of high performance tires. and i don't simply mean hitting corners and to the point of dragging a knee. i mean hitting that corner at the highest possible speed and maintaining that high speed. simply put, those types of tires truly belong on a track, that's where they will be heated to the point of full performance and truly shine. most riders are perfectly fine with a set of good touring tires as they provide the same, if not better level of grip due to different compositions and ideal running temperatures, and they'll last much longer as well, so saving you a lot of money.

on a side note, i've heard a lot of good stuff about the 2ct's. they seem to be one of the top choices when it comes to tires among the ss crowds.
      2004 Katana
      GO OWLS!!!

Comment

2CTs are great tires, but would be a waste unless you're out railing everyday. I don't have any experience with the M3, but I've ridden a few bikes with the M1's on them and I liked those.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah I hear you about not pushing hard enough to benefit from the better tires. Thing is, here in Vegas the roads are very slippery. It's the strangest thing, I don't know exactly why but I think the compound of asphalt and even the concrete is just more slippery. Besides the fact that there's no rain to wash away oil on the surface...

When I took my last trip home to san diego, a month or two ago, I couldn't believe the difference. Taking a hairy twisty mountain rode on the ride home from my mom's house I was cornering much faster than I could here, and doing it with confidence. Went all the way to the edge of the tire and could have gone faster.

My point is the roads out here suck and I just thought a stickier tire would make it better. Should I just check out the new z6 model, or another touring tire? I got like 12-13k miles from the metzelers...

Comment

in my opinion, i say try out the the new z6 interacts. they're supposed to provide even better grip than the previous z6's due to a new compound mixture. they might wear a little faster as a trade off to the improved grip, but they supposedly designed them to last just about as long. as far as the vegas roads being slippery... maybe it's a combination of no rain to wash all the crap off the roads, and also a lot of sand getting on the roads. idk... but i can imagine how unnerving that can be, especially when you've hit some corners on nice roads.
            2004 Katana
            GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Cant go wrong with Angel's!

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
                about done with my current set of Metzeler z6s.... I'm considering a more sporty tire like the michelin 2ct or Metzeler M3. Anyone with M3 experience?
                By Michelin 2ct, I'm assuming you are talking about the Pilot Power 2ct. (The 2ct is Michelin's nomenclature for dual compound tires.)

The only way you are going to know is to try them. Both choices are good tires, the Power 2 may last a little longer because of the harder compound in the middle, but you are going to pay dearly for them.

Why not look at something in between, like the Conti Road Attacks, marketed as a ST tire, but with more grip and less life that most of the competitors in the market. (At least that was my experience on my Buell.)
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
                X