Tire recomendations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire recomendations

'93 KAT 750 w/ stock rims. Tire sizes 120/70/17 front, 150/70/17 rear
    I'm trying to decide between the Metzeler RoadTec Z6 and the Continental Road Attack. Due to price and the fact that i like the style of the continentals i would like to go with them but the sizing charts that i have seen say that i need a 3.5" front rim and a 4" rear. I have a 3" front and a 3.5" rear.

Is this going to be a problem??? or should i just go with the metzlers?

Either is a good choice, 150 is about the limit for the stock kat rim, but tons of people run it (myself included) and have zero problems.
    sigpic
    »Ross Wendell
    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Your rim sizes will be fine with those tire sizes. No issues at all. Honestly, it's up to your preference on which tires you get.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Thanks guys..........

Comment

No problem man. That is what we all gather here for.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

What is the max tire size I can put on a 96 Kat? My Kat has the swingarm off a 750 on it. (Not exactly sure what all was changed) It had 150/70VB/17 on rear.(Almost bald) and 110-80-17 (factory brand kinda decent tread) on front. Local Suzuki dealer talked me into putting originalsize back on. Wish I would of stayed bigger or went maybe even alittle bigger. next time I want upsize and get a better tire. (I did replace both just to be safe)

Comment

Originally posted by barryjay View Post
              What is the max tire size I can put on a 96 Kat? My Kat has the swingarm off a 750 on it. (Not exactly sure what all was changed) It had 150/70VB/17 on rear.(Almost bald) and 110-80-17 (factory brand kinda decent tread) on front. Local Suzuki dealer talked me into putting originalsize back on. Wish I would of stayed bigger or went maybe even alittle bigger. next time I want upsize and get a better tire. (I did replace both just to be safe)
              This.

Originally posted by RossW View Post
              Either is a good choice, 150 is about the limit for the stock kat rim, but tons of people run it (myself included) and have zero problems.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                This.
                what about width ? front and back. I'm good on the height.
                Last edited by barryjay; 08-29-2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

120/150 for width.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X