X

This is ours, right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is ours, right?

Is this a rear wheel from a post 98? I'm thinking it is.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

looks like it
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

could be from any late model suzuki really...kat's, gsxr's (until 07), hayabusa's(until 08), bandits, sv's, tl's, and rf's all have similar styled wheels.

I'm assuming the stampings on the spokes were ground off, so you'll really need to measure it to see if it's a 4.5, 5.5, or 6.0 width...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Do you have the measurment of the width? It looks like a GSXR rim

Comment

Nope, will have to call the guy.
          Last edited by Free Coffee; 07-15-2009, 10:32 PM.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

If you could see the other side, it would narrow it down for you pretty quick...

5 slot or 6 slot cush drive?

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I don't have my Kat at home to make these measurements myself. She's in a cold, noisy shop surrounded by R1's while waiting to be repaired. Can anyone tell me if these measurements jibe with your Kat?

The rear wheel 6 1/4" wide from very outside to outside and 5 1/2" from inside to inside. The front is 4 1/4" from very outside to outside and 3 1/2" from inside to inside. I emailed you some measurement pictures as well. Thanks again!

If that makes any sense...
              Last edited by Free Coffee; 07-16-2009, 02:57 PM.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                I don't have my Kat at home to make these measurements myself. She's in a cold, noisy shop surrounded by R1's while waiting to be repaired. Can anyone tell me if these measurements jibe with your Kat?

The rear wheel 6 1/4" wide from very outside to outside and 5 1/2" from inside to inside. The front is 4 1/4" from very outside to outside and 3 1/2" from inside to inside. I emailed you some measurement pictures as well. Thanks again!

If that makes any sense.

And yeeah, it's a five slot Krey...
                So it's a 5.5" wheel, and not for the Katanas. Katana wheel would be 4.5". They front wheel will probably match up close, but I don't know what difference the ID of the bearings is going to be off hand to tell you that it's a direct swap, or a swap with minor mod.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

::flail:: Poop...

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I have an extra 4.5 wheel here that has polished lips if you are interested, but I am assuming you were going for a set of chromies....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Yuppers...already buying a front chrome from a member.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Alright- so what am I getting myself into if I try to fit this wheel to the Kat? I REALLY don't wanna try and fit a GSXR arm to it- I just bought a frigg'in chrome swingarm. I think only the first pic is the rear wheel- dunno about the hub closeups. Just thought you guys might know- and I can;t look myself b/c the Kats a t the shop. Thanks for any help.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

First, you can do it without modifying the swinger. You WOULD have to modify the brake arm (bend it around the tire), and the caliper bracket (shave it down by about 5-10mm or so). You should just be able to fit a 180 tire if your carefull without rubbing the swinger.

Problems you gonna face... That wheel is a 6 slot cush drive... so you would need a new carrier. Kat carrier won't work. Also gonna need the right sized bearings for the Kat axle and wheel/carrier OD, couple of custom sized spacers (between the wheel bearings since it's wider than the Kat wheel at the hub, and also possibly between the carrier and wheel since you can't use the Kat carrier as I don't know if there is going to be a difference in the length of that spacer or not between the 2).

It's possible to do, would look good I think when your done. It's not stupid hard or anything, but you will need to keep one thing in mind when doing this mod.

All of the ID on the bearings, and spacers used between that swinger need to be the same, to match the axle your gonna use. Also you need to make sure that all spacers are the correct width between each bearing because they hold them in place, and prevent the bearings from being pushed apart (and is the reason you need a new inner spacer for the wheel to be made... too short, you push the inside of the bearings into the wheel and it will break, too large and it won't correctly seat against the ID ring also causing issues with the bearings).

Edit: Forgot to mention... your rotors, and sprockets will need to be looked at for matching up. You may have to look at other years (from other bikes even) with the same bolt pattern for that wheel, but have closer or correct OD and minimal Thickness options for the Kat calipers.

Krey
                          Last edited by Kreylyn; 07-16-2009, 09:18 PM.
                          93 750 Kat

Comment

I'm um...I'm just gonna pack up my torque wrench and vice grips and head to NC...k?

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                              I'm um...I'm just gonna pack up my torque wrench and vice grips and head to NC...k?
                              Well, I'm about to go out of town for this little cycle rally I've heard about, but if you can get here before the end of the weekend sure...

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                              X