X

Tires, Tires, TIRES!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires, Tires, TIRES!!!

Hi guys! I've searched past posts but can't find any info on tires (crazy huh!?!?)

Anyway, I've run my first set of tires (came on a used 99 Kat 600) and looking for an economic, without sacraficing performance, replacement. Im in school, so Im really looking for 'best bang for $$' scenario here.

I am not a track guy, with about a year experience, who likes to hit the twisties in Northern California, so nothing too hardcore.

Thanks in advance for ANY info!!

my bike came with new Bridgestone Battlleax's
    they seem pretty good as far as commuting is concerned
    Was not impressed with then on loose gravel but that would be expected and rare situation for me
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

plenty of info about tires on here. I have read that Shinko meets the needs you are describing.
      R.I.P. Marc

Comment

+1 on the Shinkos. I think teddy has a Shinko rear and said it was awesome
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

There are definitely quite a few tire threads. I bought Metzler Z'6s - as for you Conti Force's might be right for you, but this post should help you out:

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
          Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
          Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

Comment

Originally posted by snewman1209 View Post
            Hi guys! I've searched past posts but can't find any info on tires (crazy huh!?!?)

Anyway, I've run my first set of tires (came on a used 99 Kat 600) and looking for an economic, without sacraficing performance, replacement. Im in school, so Im really looking for 'best bang for $$' scenario here.

I am not a track guy, with about a year experience, who likes to hit the twisties in Northern California, so nothing too hardcore.

Thanks in advance for ANY info!!

Shinkos. Ebay it, you can get a set for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by snewman1209 View Post
              I like the Continental Road Attacks. If you ever make it up to Southern Oregon around Klamath Falls, give me a shout.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

There is not only a few threads on tires, there is a whole section mostly about them:

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
                Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
                Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                  There is not only a few threads on tires, there is a whole section mostly about them:

http://katriders.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=164

There's a whole section dedicated to tires & chains & sprockets.
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Get the Conti Road attacks or the Metzeler Z6's
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

Mmm. . . Z6's all the way IMO

Comment

if you are looking to spend about 200.00 shipped to door than look at the conti force made by continental they are great tires for the money I just ordered a pair myself
                        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                          There are definitely quite a few tire threads. I bought Metzler Z'6s - as for you Conti Force's might be right for you, but this post should help you out:

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=86431
                          Thanks for the link for the thread... that was a BIG help. I notice many of you order tires on the web. Does everyone have mounting experience? Or bring them to a garage and pay to mount? First time getting tires, so dont know that proper etiquette.

Just to clear my name from being labeled lazy, I DID try to find info on tires prior to posting, but came up empty.... KNEW there HAD info on here!

Comment

I have a set of Shinko 005 Advance 120/70 frt, 160/60 rr.

I have nothing but praise for these cheap arse tires. I commute mostly, and have had great experiences with these tires in all conditions I have encountered thus far. In fact, I just did a trackday this past weekend on them and pushed them HARD. They never gave me any signs of wanting to let go, I was dragging knee in every session out on the track. I WILL buy another set of these when they are done.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                              my bike came with new Bridgestone Battlleax's
                              they seem pretty good as far as commuting is concerned
                              Was not impressed with then on loose gravel but that would be expected and rare situation for me

I see (on motosuperstore.com) that there are two kinda of BattleAxes. BT-45 and a BT-45V, any major differences?

After all the help here, seems that the v6s are the way to roll!

Comment

Working...
                              X