Cush Bearing Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cush Bearing Questions

Hola KR
    I am working on the 1200 FS and I changed the Cush bearings on the Rear rim. I am having trouble getting the assembly back together- I pounded on the poor thing with a Rubber Mallet with no luck is there some trick to getting it back together - the Service manual is kinda vague about re-assembly
    Thanks

The first time I put mine back together after replacing the cushions it took me damn near standing on the sprocket to get it all the way back in, but no problems related to the bearings. If it is just hanging on the cushions, then slow steady pressure is what you want. Hitting it will just make it bounce back.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Anyone ever try some silicone spray? Or dish washing liquid? I use the dish liquid on the bar grips to get them in place.

Comment

I used to use hairspray back in my bicycle days to set the grips.......
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          I used to use hairspray back in my bicycle days to set the grips.......
          +1 hairspray and safety wire.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Cool, I will give them a try later today- thanks Guys

Comment

Got it on today - thanks for the advice guys

Comment

Working...
              X