X

Rim Switch Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim Switch Out

Okay I read that the 17 stands for the rim size. I was going to paint my stock rims black (2000 Kat 600) because they are the gray color. Well I have gotten some outrageous quotes for painting the rims (supposedly its labor intensive). I came across an ad on Craigslist for some stock 2003 Honda CBR600RR rims that are black for a good price. I looked up that the CBR has the following tire size-Front 120/70 ZR-17 and Rear 180/55 ZR-17. My Kat has Front 120/70 ZR-17 and Rear 150/70 ZR-17. Since the rim size is the same will the CBR rims fit on my bike? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Anything will fit with modification. The Honda rim has different bearings and spacers and rotors. I am pretty sure the CBR rim will not work. I suggest you look into getting them powder coated. It is alot cheaper and more durable. Sasquatch on here does powder coating. See what he would charge you to powder coat them for you. I would look for another set of 98+ rims and have them powder coated then install those and sell of the ones you have.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the information. I will look into the powder coat option.

Comment

Actually I think the CBR rear rim will fit wit in certain years..

I had the info somewhere for changing the pre 98 rim
        Last edited by Black_peter; 03-16-2008, 08:59 AM.

Comment

I got a quote from a local guy to have my stock grey rims powdercoated black for $100 total.

However, I won a pair of factory black rims on E-bay for $117 shipped including rotors, so I went that route.
          1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Working...
          X