X

Rear Tire????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Tire????

I bought my 96 600 with nearly new Metzler z6's on it. So of course after putting a little over a thousand miles on them I got a rear flat. My problem now is that money is really tight so I found a Shinko 160/60 for alot cheaper on ebay. Anybody use these? Would it be a problem to run a Z6 in the front and a Shinko in the rear? Any other alternatives? Any help/advice to get back on the road would be great. Thanks.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

we all can feel the tight wallet expecially with the raising gas prices. However I personally won't endorse the use of shinko because well I wouldn't ride on one. I need $300 to put new z6's on my bike and do its 4k mile warranty checkup. I don't have that money, but all I can do is ride the bike as much as I can safely. Once my rear or front get bad enough as much as I hate do, the bike will just have to sit. IT just isn't something I am willing to compromise.

My old roommate ran a set on his bandit, he said it wasn't bad, but won't be using it again. Everytime he offered me to ride the bike, i turned it down, mostly because I don't like to ride other bikes and I won't allow others to ride mine, but the shinko kept popping in my mind. But he had no issues, it is just a risk you have to be willing to take.

It is just one of those things, it could be fine and could not.

side note, don't know if your bike came stock with a 140 on the rear or not, but I would recommend going with the stock size of 140 or no bigger than the 150.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Do you like to push your bike hard? If you do commuting, you could probably get away with it, but if you like to strafe apexs, get another Z6.

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
        side note, don't know if your bike came stock with a 140 on the rear or not, but I would recommend going with the stock size of 140 or no bigger than the 150.
        I was running a 160/60 with zero problems .......until I got a flat. So more than likely I'll go with a 160 unless I can find a 150 I can afford.

Originally posted by elkat View Post
        Do you like to push your bike hard? If you do commuting, you could probably get away with it, but if you like to strafe apexs, get another Z6.
        I do about 90% commuting.
        Last edited by BLACKACIDEVIL; 03-16-2008, 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        96 Katana 600
        97 4 door Blazer LT
        03 Honda Pilot EXL
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKACIDEVIL View Post
          I was running a 160/60 with zero problems .......until I got a flat. So more than likely I'll go with a 160 unless I can find a 150 I can afford.

I do about 90% commuting.
          that's because you had a Metzler 160, the angles of the sidewall fits a 3.5" rim better. I wouldn't try that with other tires.

Comment

Yeah, I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and put another Z6 on it. I'll probably go with the 150/70 this time. That will fit better than the 160/60, right?
            96 Katana 600
            97 4 door Blazer LT
            03 Honda Pilot EXL
            sigpic

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                yes
                Cool. Thanks.
                96 Katana 600
                97 4 door Blazer LT