Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Suzuki dealership said they only mount their tires!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki dealership said they only mount their tires!

I just called the suzuki dealership near where my bike is and he said they will only mount tires if they are purchased from them. Of course their tire selection is very limited and very expensive. Is this the norm?

www.WVstreets.com

Post where you are, somebody will know where you can take your bike and get tires mounted.
    25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

Huntington, WV

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

Find another shop? Call around and ask.

Are you going to pull the wheels off yourself, or take the whole bike in for the change?

Was it the service manager or just some random guy at the store? Try asking the SM.... some places will do jobs like this in the winter time when things are slow... but be prepared to pay the shop rate for the job.

And I'm sure they can order you any tire you want...
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Get another shops price..most stealerships will charge extra for not buying the tires from them, but you can find a good deal. I got my rear mounted for $15 and my front mounted for free (I bought the front from the place I had it mounted, and I took the rim/tire in, they didn't have to take it off, and put it on the bike.)
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Hell they quoted me $62 for mount/balance of 2 tires PLUS the cost of the tires!

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

62 for both huh....LOL I ended up paying 45 a tire for my bike and I bought the tires from them (Conti Road Attacks)....I brought them the whole bike tho....still a little steap if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by mrphotoman View Post
                Hell they quoted me $62 for mount/balance of 2 tires PLUS the cost of the tires!

Does that include taking the wheels off the bike? I mean... the shop rate around here is about $60/hr. I think I paid about $25 per wheel... but I did three sets of tires last spring....
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thats why I like my dealership...and TDRComm can attest to this...if you buy your tires any where else they charge $20 per tire if you bring them in...if you buy it from them then mount and balance is free...I priced out my Diablo Strada's everywhere else and my dealership was only $10 more expensive than the cheapest deal I found on the net. Plus since I like the mechanics I decided to spend my $$'s there...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by mrphotoman View Post
                    Hogwash. If you're half mechanicly inclined you can do it with a couple 2x4's some old garden hose, soapy water, and some tire spoons. Then some stick on weights, your axle, and 2 jack stands to balance.

If not, Ask around, and see if someone can do it cheaper. $40 mount and balance for rims off the bike (you bring the tires) is a pretty average starting point. It can go UP from there or it can go down from there. If you have a local racetrack and club level racing you should be able to find someone to do it for $20 or so.

Comment

I plan to call around but there are only a few dealerships in the area. If they are all too high I will bring the tire/wheel home and get it balanced here. I am just worried someone will knock the bike over in the garage with the wheel off.

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

i feel blessed lol.. the dealerships around here i payed 15 a wheel brought in that included mount, balance, valvestem and tax. and the best part is they have plenty of new kawis, zukis, and ducatis to oogle over and sit on and when its not winter test out
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                          Hogwash. If you're half mechanicly inclined you can do it with a couple 2x4's some old garden hose, soapy water, and some tire spoons. Then some stick on weights, your axle, and 2 jack stands to balance.

If not, Ask around, and see if someone can do it cheaper. $40 mount and balance for rims off the bike (you bring the tires) is a pretty average starting point. It can go UP from there or it can go down from there. If you have a local racetrack and club level racing you should be able to find someone to do it for $20 or so.
                          I disagree with that state 100%. While it don't take much skill to mount tires, it's about the biggest pain the a$$ possible.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
                            I disagree with that state 100%. While it don't take much skill to mount tires, it's about the biggest pain the a$$ possible.

If it truly is a pain in the ***. You're using the tire spoons wrong.

Comment

Indeed . It's all aboot technique , and the right tools . I learned how to make life and tire mounting easier after doing it a few times myself . In fact , someone bring me a tire and rim so I can mount it and make my own how to .....
                              Seriously , if you wanna try it yourself dude , it's been talked about a few times on here before . But if you can't find the info , feel free to ask about it .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X