No announcement yet.
X

Shinko tires, any good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shinko is made by Yokohama, they make good car tires. I have a 160-160-17 on my 06' 750 and haven't had any type of problems with it. nothing but good things from it so far.
    06' Zuki Katana 750
    Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

i have heard the tale of the shinko, as the chinese govt or something opened the market to people, yokihoma comes in and then chinese govt closed them all and then ceased the molds and sold them or something. I am not sure at all, but something to that affect.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

why not get some pilot powers

Comment

Hi Tyres & Suspension Are One Thing That I Belive The Cost Dosnet Come Into The Question As They Are What Keeps The Bike Facing Up And Not Laying Down On The Road
          And Personly Dont Like The Lesser Unproven Brands I Always Go Bridgestone Pirelli Etc But Thats Just Me
          Jezza'

Comment

Personally, I'd never buy 'em.

I can't speak from experience with Shinko, but the sheer number of poor reviews speaks for the quality; don't you think?

I go through about 4 sets of tires on my kat in a season now (about 6 months, 7 if I push it), and I can't say I'd ever again opt for anything less than a standard 'supersport' tire.

That being a Dunlop Qualifier or ABOVE. Personally, I know that my riding is different each day I'm out on the bike, and knowing that a set of tires is gonna be THERE for me in the thick of it, is worth the extra $100 or so for Pilot Powers over Pilot Sports, etc.

That being said, I do have a little problem with torque that only Kwebbel could understand....(especially at the track!). The 160/60 Z6 will easily spin up at the top of second at exits......whereas a Qualifier or Power won't. It's a little bit easier on me 'cause I'm a total hack, and value the 'fun' factor over lap times. A goofy little 2nd/3rd gear power wheelie is a lot more enjoyable to ME, than backing the bike in, having a sketchy apex, and then leaving blackies at every exit!

Personally, I would rather pay the extra little bit of cash and have a reliable and familiar feel to my bike, than get a deal on something I'll probly hate for the next 3 or 4 weeks. (and might end up crashing on!)

Just a thought.
            FrankenKat 1216
            GS Fiter 816
            GSXR750! (race)

Comment

i had a pair on the ol GS450E back in the day. they wear GREAT and were a nice ride while commuting by bike. for my Kat i'd want something more 'sport' oriented than the Shinkos i rode
              1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

I wouldn't buy them, for a few $ more you can get a set of Road attacks or Z6'S, which in my opinion will outperform the Shinko's.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                X