X

Rear Sprocket only change

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Sprocket only change

I'm wanting to make a sprocket change for a little more exceleration at the expense of MPG & top speed. Currently geared 15/45 and I know the easiest path might be to go to a 14 front sprocket. I've heard some 750's came with 15/47 sprockets similiar to one of the 600 combos with a 2 link longer chain. I'm wondering if I could switch to a 47 rear sprocket instead of a 14 up front, without changing to a longer chain. There would seem to be a couple of benefits to a slightly shorter wheelbase in the handling department if it would fit. Others' have voiced concerns about increased chain wear with a front 14. The bike isn't home until this weekend, so I can't go measure clearances, but the last time I looked I thought the rear might be moved forward enough to do this. Any thoughts?
    Blk Kat06 RIP Replaced with GSXR750k7
    Blue/Blue 2008 Busa

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Try these links.

IMO, It would be best to change both sprockets and chain depending on how many miles or how worn the set is. A bad chain can hurt a good sprocket and so forth...

otherwise, increasing the rear sprocket would need a longer chain by 2 links. A smaller front sprocket, I don't think would need a longer chain.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

here is another form the same site:

myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
      X