Can a Kat wheelie?

How bout in second gear??

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Sounds to me like he should have bought a ss bike.

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat

Can a Kat wheelie?

Comment

fat = slow

Comment

You want to see how fat it looks?? Go to the mall and look at the 400 lb woman in spandex shorts. Same principal applies, Never try to wedge something in that wasn't meant to be there.

Basically what we are all trying to say here is:

YOUR BIKE'S WHEELS WERE DESIGNED FOR THE TIRE SIZE IT CAME WITH. ALTERING IT WITHOUT BUYING A WIDER WHEEL AND POSSIBLY SWAPPING OUT THE SWINGARM IS DANGEROUS, AND WILL NEGATIVELY AFFECT THE HANDLING OF YOUR BIKE.

I'm not saying it hasn't been done, but it is very highly advised against doing.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
              You want to see how fat it looks?? Go to the mall and look at the 400 lb woman in spandex shorts. Same principal applies, Never try to wedge something in that wasn't meant to be there.
              Analogy of the year!

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat

Can a Kat wheelie?

mine can, but with some mod to sprockets
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

look through some of the treads, kwebbel changed the swingarm and so did waltari.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

No need to be so cruel dude!!

Comment

YOUR BIKE'S WHEELS WERE DESIGNED FOR THE TIRE SIZE IT CAME WITH. ALTERING IT WITHOUT BUYING A WIDER WHEEL AND POSSIBLY SWAPPING OUT THE SWINGARM IS DANGEROUS, AND WILL NEGATIVELY AFFECT THE HANDLING OF YOUR BIKE.

I'm not saying it hasn't been done, but it is very highly advised against doing.
                      hehehe funny one.

Oversizing on stock rim is indeed not a good idea. The wheel has to be changed as well and probably the swingarm, that's true.

Swapping a swing arm is not dangerous at all and will not negatively affect the handling... Unless you do it yourself and you do it badly in a way that the mod will auto destroy it self on the road... But other than that... Plus it will update your bike a little, notice that all bikes in the same category of the kat are on 180 nowadays. there's nothing wrong with it, but know that you will loose on acceleration. More resistance is offered by the bigger wheels. But you will be able to do higher speed cornering without loosing the tail and slide... I made my 150 slide a few times hehe

Comment

Originally posted by slamcool
                        I made my 150 slide a few times hehe
                        Not trying to be rude, but maybe you where doing something wrong?
                        I have seen Kat's go threw corners prity quick with the 150 and 160 tires without loseing the rear.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by slamcool

hehehe funny one.

Oversizing on stock rim is indeed not a good idea. The wheel has to be changed as well and probably the swingarm, that's true.

Swapping a swing arm is not dangerous at all and will not negatively affect the handling... Unless you do it yourself and you do it badly in a way that the mod will auto destroy it self on the road... But other than that... Plus it will update your bike a little, notice that all bikes in the same category of the kat are on 180 nowadays. there's nothing wrong with it, but know that you will loose on acceleration. More resistance is offered by the bigger wheels. But you will be able to do higher speed cornering without loosing the tail and slide... I made my 150 slide a few times hehe
                          So what other bikes in the "katana's class" are running 180's? (GSXRS AND KATANAS ARE NOT IN THE SAME CLASS)
                          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                          18v Rigid Drill
                          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
                            Not trying to be rude, but maybe you where doing something wrong?
                            I have seen Kat's go threw corners prity quick with the 150 and 160 tires without loseing the rear.
                            I did nothing specially wrong except for speeding out of the specs of the tire capacity I have with my 150, like you say I can get though a corner pretty quick with my 150 but there's a certain limit and you hit that limit earlier than with the 180...

Nice pics by the way!

I'm driving this bike to the limits sometimes and I felt that I took all what I could on that bike and I was starting to look for a GSXR this year. But finding and reading trough this forum made me wanna hold on to my Kat, oh and did I mention the insurance fees... I saw very nice upgrades over here that made me realize that I can upgrade the specs of this bike... And make a really cool and unique kat.

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
                              So what other bikes in the "katana's class" are running 180's? (GSXRS AND KATANAS ARE NOT IN THE SAME CLASS)
                              hehe I did not talk about GSXR when stating that. I'm more talking about Sport/Touring class. Like:

Honda, VFR 800 on 180/55
                              Kawa, Z750S on 180/55
                              Yam, FZ6 on 180/55

Comment

Working...
                              X