Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What Tire Tyre Repair Equipment to Carry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Tire Tyre Repair Equipment to Carry?

Just starting to travel long distances in "outback" Australia. Generally tyre repairs are orientated towards cars etc with only a minimal number of bike places. Distances between towns are about 100km or so.

Been seeing the tyre plugs on eBay and wondering how they would go with a small cheap compressor on the bike.

Other than hoping on "a wing and a prayer", how do you cover a nail/flat/etc and what do you carry etc

Regards
    Keith
    Retired & enjoying it

I carry a small compressor and tubeless repair kit.
    Originally I carried a regular automotive plug kit, but was concerned about the needed rubber glue drying out, so I just bought a Stop-N-Go plug kit.

Comment

I just saw a favorable review for this little Slime repair kit in some bike mag . Like $45 , comes with a tiny compressor , some slime , and I think some other bits . I'ma get me one of them .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I got two punctures in my rear tire the same day...the tire only had about 2k miles on it and my funds were low, so I didn't wanna replace it just yet. I went to the auto parts store and bought a plug kit and plugged both holes. Its been two weeks and about 500 miles later, and the tire is holding up just fine. Of course I check the air every time I go out and visually inspect the plugs, but so far so good.
        1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Working...
        X