No announcement yet.
X

160/60?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reading all of this has made me think i have a 95 600 and have a 170/60/17 dunlop 202 on it and i havent had any problems but the tire was on there when i got it! i havent really had any problems with cornering it grabs good and goes!

Comment

Originally posted by hurlburt
      reading all of this has made me think i have a 95 600 and have a 170/60/17 dunlop 202 on it and i havent had any problems but the tire was on there when i got it! i havent really had any problems with cornering it grabs good and goes!
      Well, just judging by what this thread says you are pushing your luck. Not something you want to do on 2 wheels IMHO. I'm due for new tires and am wondering if 160/60 on the rear is still a-ok

Comment

I would look at the rim. It has the width stamped right on one of the spokes. If it says 3.5 x 17 I would not go any wider than a 150 on the rear. None of us really understand why Suzuki shipped out the pre-98 750's with a 150 compared to the 600 with a 140 on the same size rim, but just check out some tire manufacturer's websites. They usually have charts that list their tire sizes and what size rim they are designed to be mounted on. I am pretty sure you will be hard pressed to find anyone besides Avon that makes a 160 that is recommended to be mounted on a 3.5" rim.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I didn't see a width stamp on my rims. Hmm.

Comment

I'm not sure where the rims are marked on the 98+'s. On the pre-98's, there are raised letters on one of the spokes telling you the rim size.

Wish I could help you more on that SL1D3R. However, with you having a 2000, it SHOULD be a 4.5" rim with the straight spokes.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

It must be something like that, because I currently have a 160 rear on my bike and haven't experienced any problems.

Thanks.

Comment

can i put a post 98 rim on my katana so i can put on the 160.....becasue vibe im getting is it is just safer to get a bigger rim....

Comment

Yes, you can install a 98+ rim on your pre-98 bike. Or if you're lucky you can find an early GSXR rim that is 4.5" wide and install it. I went with the GSXR rim so the spokes looked the same.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

dam im riding on the 160/60

Comment

ummm,, I'm running a 160/60 too,,, it came with the bike when I bought it,,, so do you guys recomend to buy a new 150 when this one needs it?

Comment

I'm running a 160/60 Z6 on my 96 600.
                        96 Katana 600
                        97 4 door Blazer LT
                        03 Honda Pilot EXL
                        sigpic

Comment

re

05 Kat
                          Bridgestone Battlax 160-60-17 Rear

Comment

Working...