X

new tires soon.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tires soon.

I'm planning on getting new tires soon , I plan on removing the tires from the bike and having the tires put on at a local dealer. first question, what is the size of the allen bolt to get the front tire off (05kat). and do you have to remove the brake calipers to get the tires off? If there is any other information I would need to know about getting the tires off, let me know . thanks

Allen bolt ? I thought it was 17mm hex up front ....... And taking the calipers off will help ALOT , but it CAN be done without . Just takes ALOT more effort . Just take the things off and save yourself some swearing .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

A good place to get one of these tools?

Comment

Originally posted by 05_katanatyson
        A good place to get one of these tools?
        I think I got mine form Sears, then had a neighbour chop off and inch or two of it so I could use it in a socket and beable to torque it correctly. Hard to measure the torque using it allen key style like it came in originally.
        Kyle

Comment

yea I think I could get one off ebay , but I did some serches and some people on here have said it was a 12mm ,but MD86 (above) says its a 17 mm. Its a 05 kat 600 .

Comment

Is the axle on the 98+ NOT a regular ol hex head ? That'd be wierd ....

Comment

never mind, its a 12mm hex

Comment

I WONDERED where you were getting an allen from ! Had me worried for a second ...

Comment

Working...
                X