X

3rd gen kat rear wheel swap???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen kat rear wheel swap???

hi. I'm new here, and im interested in gettinga 3rd gen katana 750( like a 93???) I'm not completely sure what the body styles were, but can i mount a gsx-r rear wheel on it? and if so, what's the widest i can go without extensive (expensive) modification??
    "How about you come over to Myspace and Twitter my Yahoo until I Google all over your Facebook"

Re: 3rd gen kat rear wheel swap???

Originally posted by *fraeon*
    hi. I'm new here, and im interested in gettinga 3rd gen katana 750( like a 93???) I'm not completely sure what the body styles were, but can i mount a gsx-r rear wheel on it? and if so, what's the widest i can go without extensive (expensive) modification??
    Welcome to KR! you'll love it here, lots of people always willing to help. One thing you can do to make them like you more is to use the "SEARCH" button. most of the NEW Members Questions are the ones that have been disscussed a million times (ok, maybe just a few hundred) So try that and if you dont get the answers your looking for, the Post you questions in the correct forum section and you'll get the answer in no time.

Now, about your question........

A 93 (88-97 to be exact) Kat's body style will look like mine (click the link on my sig or check my ride profile) only difference is the 600 has a more modern looking tail light than a 750 (750's have a bigger tail)

600 ->

750 ->

and about the rear wheels. here it is:
    Originally posted by BraadaJim
    The 98+ is a direct bolt in and requires ONLY the wheel and rotor. You use your pre98 cush/sprocket and spacers. No brake arm mod required and a 160 fits with room left over. Not much but it fits.

I don't know about the bandit wheel because I've not messed with it but if you say it is only 4" then there is no need to do anything with the brake arm. The only way you will need to modify the brake arm is if you go wider than 4.5" (GSXR and 98+ are both 4.5" and require no brake arm mods).
    Go here to read the rest ------> http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...ight=tire+swap
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Working...
    X