Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Sakura or something for a 96 Kat 600?!?!?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sakura or something for a 96 Kat 600?!?!?!?

Has anyone ever heard of Sakura (Shakura or something like this)tires????? Local shop has a few and said they are good for touring, high milage..V rated, large enough contact patch for wet weather when necessary.. but I never heard of them and the price was unbelievable for all the qualities he was listing.... front $40, rear (150/60 V17 bias 69W, the one I was looking at) $64.. please help cuz I need a tire for about 3000 more miles before selling the bike.......
    "Keep the Rubberside Down"...an u damn right...go YANKZ, JETZ n KNICK until the NETS get 2 BK!

I think the tires you're talking about are Shinko's.

The motorcycle tire is the crucial outer component of the motorcycle wheel, directly connected to the rim. It delivers essential traction, durability against wear, absorption of surface irregularities, and enables the motorcycle to turn through countersteering. The contact patches of the two tires s

Very popular with drag racers. Sticky and inexpensive. My brother-in-law swears by them. Then again, turning his beast has never been his strong point

From what I've heard, they're worth trying. Korean company, OEM tires on the Hyusong.

I run a 190-50-ZR17 on my bike and I go through them pretty quickly. I've talked to a few guys that get great wear out of the Raven's and the price is pretty damn good. $98 for the rear, $62 for the front. Not too sure I'd want to really trust them running hard in the twisties or the track but for the daily commute I'd give them a shot just to give my wallet a break.

BTW: Their coming out with a racing slick in August.
    sigpic

Comment

Tire buying is one area where you get what you pay for. Buying cheap tires for a car is one thing, but you'll be in a lot worse shape on your bike if that tire goes out or has a lot worse grip than you think/are used to.

Comment

Tire

TDR thanks for the info, and MK I know, but its alot of tires out there people try and turn out great but because they are not "Popular" everyone is paying more than need be..... But I called the shop and they confirmed it is "Sakura" he said he thinks it is a division of Maxxis which means probably Cheng Shin, but thanks for any info..
        "Keep the Rubberside Down"...an u damn right...go YANKZ, JETZ n KNICK until the NETS get 2 BK!

Comment

"Cheng Shin" That's one tire I would definitly stay away from. Lots of low-rent cruisers and Harley riders use them and they are marginal at best for them. For a sportbike or sport/tourer, they are horrible! Had a fairly new set on the EX250 I got for Lisa and BF. About as sticky as Mobil 1 on a glass floor.

I agree mkkat, you do get what you pay for. But there are quality bargains out there with good brands aren't as popular or well-known. You just have to compare and decide.
          sigpic

Comment

Tire

Coooool thannkz 4 nfo, jus tryin 2 shop, but outside the form a few people said the same thing...only 1 person said they ride a F4I and said the cheng has always been their choice 4 commute.... but I am back at square 1 for a tire good 4 commute....I m runnin Metzelr 6 and when i say the back tire squared up and is slick just in the middle from my commuting within 5000 miles... I listened 2 people.... pay 4 quality, c where I am at, lookin 4 a new 1!

Comment

Working...
            X