GSXR RIms on a 95 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXR RIms on a 95 Kat

Could I put GSXR 89-92 GSXR r600 Rims on my kat. Specifically these:

The front would work fine but you might have to have the speedo pick up for it along with the rotors and axle. Now the back is a 5.5 That would be to close to the swing arm and rear brake arm. Just see if you can find a set of 98+ rims, SV650 rims. The rear rim needs to be a 4.5 in width max unless you change out your swing arm. Eventhen you would still need the rear rotor, and cush drive for the rim in order to get it to work. I have a GSXR1100 rim in my garage right now that needs to be chromed and put on my bike. That will wait until winter.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

GSXR Rims on a 95 750 Kat

Just wanted to show you my latest project! I think that at one time or another everyone asks about wider rims and bigger tires. Well I having a bad riding year so far so I started this. I'm putting a 93 GSXR 1100 rim on my Kat. Except for buying an incomplete wheel assembly it is going very easy so far. I will finish this in the winter, because I just bought new stock-size tires for the Kat. I'm also removing the chain adjusters and using a stainless bolt. I hope to be riding again within the week, but I think from looks alone this is going to workout well.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks pretty good. I am working in something similar. I have a GSXR 1100 swingarm and a 750 SRAD rear wheel 17x6.

Comment

geez, that is a fat daddy

Comment

I am selling my 88 GSXR Rim on Ebay

I originally started this project to get the fat tire look. Although the rim fit into my swingarm with no problem, it was slightly wider and I would have had to mod the rear break assembly. And I just had to face it, COULDN'T STAND TO HAVE MY KAT IN SURGERY THAT LONG! The good news is that the Kat's existing cush drive "WILL WORK". You will need the GSXR's break rotor, which I am selling on Ebay as well. The rim sells with a Brand New 160 Tire.
            If a K/R member wins the auction, just make it known to me and I will throw in the extra break rotor bolt that you will need (purchased new from the local Suzuki shop) and a cush drive (no cushions though). I think this would have gone well if I just had more time to spend on it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to show you the job that I did on removing the chain adjusters. It cleaned up the rear of the swingarm quite nicely. It's amazing what a little poor-man's powdercoating can do!! (Krylon)
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X