No announcement yet.
X

1990 1100 kat fork problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, I have come to the conclusion that the springs are dead meat. I think they may have been on the verge of being bad. After I rebuilt one, drained the other, and refilled them both with 30cc's less than they should have had, and proceeded to ride for a week with them bottoming out. They are certainly dead now. Any suggestions on replacements? I weigh right around 200. My wife is a passenger most of the time at 120. Thoughts? Also is it possible that the cartridges are bad? I was thinking about going with the 17 inch wheel conversion and was wondering if a bandit 1200 would work forks and all. That would be sweet if I could avoid all the spacing and brake stuff I have read that is usually associated with the conversion. Just take the front end off another bike, possibly the triple trees? I am starting to dream
    RIding sober really ain't as bad as I thought it would be.

Comment

Racetech 1.0 kg springs.
      Send your forks to Tmod and he can make them work the way they're supposed to.
      He's the residential suspension expert and works for racetech, so he can rebuild/respring/revalve etc forks and shocks.

Look up Locomotions build thread. I believe he grafted a B12 front end onto his 1100. I think the steering stem bearings need to be different, but that was the biggest hurdle if I remember correctly.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

And cheaper than a whole front end, being the new front end should be gone threw before use.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
          Breakdown of stock fork. Notice clip that you show in your photo as well as spacer under it.

Tmod
          Would you be interesteded in rebuilding my forks?

Comment

Did you try the norwestsuspension.com link I sent you?
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I did. No reply...

Comment

Originally posted by spvinny78 View Post
                I did. No reply...
                You sure? Did you fill out the contact form and send it? I did not get any com from you and just checked to make sure it is working and the contact form is working fine.

Tmod
                Last edited by Tmod; 04-09-2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I found a used set and ordered them today. When I get them switched out, I will contact you about rebuilding mine. PRice sounded very reasonable. I would really love to have some good suspension.

Comment

Working...
                  X