X

Brake line / caliper question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake line / caliper question

I have a gsx750f which according to VIN is an '89 or 'K' model.

I have put higher handle bars on and have already changed the control cables. However, the existing front brake hoses are the race set-up but they are too short so I am planning on changing to the standard arrangement. I'm not bothered about super brakes as I ride like a district nurse. You probably call them something else in the US !!

Looking at my calipers, the hose ends screw straight into the caliper, whereas some hoses I've seen (?'88 model) use a banjo with bolt-10 x 1.25 x 24mm I believe.

Are the hoses interchangeable between 600s, 750s and caliper connection? Put another way, are all the oem calipers drilled and tapped the same so that any aftermarket connection can be used as long as the male thread is the same as the caliper thread?

I appreciate that the hose from master cylinder to splitter is longer on the 750 and I need a custom made one to suit by handlebars.

TIA
    Last edited by flash gordon; 07-21-2014, 02:44 PM.

Anyone any ideas?

Comment

You can run normal banjo bolts with swivel head brake lines. The Pre98's like the 89 used the screw in type directly into the caliper. My 89 had these and I put the HEL lines on my bike that I sell. I use the newer style with banjo bolts. As long as the thread pitch is the same you should be fine to use those from the 88.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
      X