Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

how much can you guys get a rear shock for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much can you guys get a rear shock for?

Hey guys hows things.
    Ive been searching here in the uk for a rear shock that would be a simple bolt in job done go ride kind of job and seen a hagon but costs £330 uk pounds
    so ive been thinking how much can you guys get a rear shock for ? As if it worked out cheaper and if you would be willing to buy and ship it to me then that would be ideal. Obviously i would pay for everything maybe even abit for a beer as a massive thankyou! Ideally id like one with a fair bit of adjustabilty but right now id settle with a standard rear shock that adjusts.
    Mine wont adjust and is too soft.
    I know i can go the r6 shock ect but then id have to try amd locate bushings to make it fit and then have to raise the rear to compensate. I cant be dealing with that plus i simply dont have anywhere to work on the bike to that extent. Hense me wanting something i can just bolt in.
    Regards
    Steve

Originally posted by stevefin78 View Post
    Hey guys hows things.
    Ive been searching here in the uk for a rear shock that would be a simple bolt in job done go ride kind of job and seen a hagon but costs £330 uk pounds
    so ive been thinking how much can you guys get a rear shock for ? As if it worked out cheaper and if you would be willing to buy and ship it to me then that would be ideal. Obviously i would pay for everything maybe even abit for a beer as a massive thankyou! Ideally id like one with a fair bit of adjustabilty but right now id settle with a standard rear shock that adjusts.
    Mine wont adjust and is too soft.
    I know i can go the r6 shock ect but then id have to try amd locate bushings to make it fit and then have to raise the rear to compensate. I cant be dealing with that plus i simply dont have anywhere to work on the bike to that extent. Hense me wanting something i can just bolt in.
    Regards
    Steve

You have a pre 600 right?

Nothing updated in your garage or anything to tell us what bike.

IF yes on the Pre 600, then an 08+ r6 shock will lower the seat height by 3/4", but... will give you what your looking for in a shock for relatively inexpensively. You could add a little more cash for new links to raise the bike back up if you wanted.

Alternatively, a modified (having it rebuilt) b12 shock would raise the rear, but after purchase and rebuild your probably looking at the same costs as the new one you were looking at.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hi kray
      Yeah i have a pre 600 mate. I will update my garage with info later tonight. I keep meaning to do it but never get around to it lol.
      See the r6 shock is no problems me getting and fairly cheap aswell. But i cant find bushings over here or the links to raise it it!!
      If i could get the bushings and the link i would go that route for sure.
      Steve

Comment

Hi kray
        Yeah i have a pre 600 mate. I will update my garage with info later tonight. I keep meaning to do it but never get around to it lol.
        See the r6 shock is no problems me getting and fairly cheap aswell. But i cant find bushings over here or the links to raise it it!!
        If i could get the bushings and the link i would go that route for sure.
        Steve

I have an idea that might make the links unnecessary, but will need to talk with someone else about it first.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          I have an idea that might make the links unnecessary, but will need to talk with someone else about it first.

Krey
          sounds interesting krey. Can you keep me posted matey!?
          Also are the bushings something you can get hold of for me and ship over to me?
          Steve

Comment

sounds interesting krey. Can you keep me posted matey!?
            Also are the bushings something you can get hold of for me and ship over to me?
            Steve

Yes, I believe so.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Yes, I believe so.

Krey
              ideal thankyou matey !!
              When you get a min could you price up the bushings id need and if i need the rear links to raise the rear up to compensate could you price those up aswell mate?
              Sorry to be a pain i really appreciate all this
              Steve

Comment

Dont do it!

Ive just had my rear shock serviced (I was told it couldnt be but it was) and an uprated spring fitted. I also had the forks done (again uprated springs). All told £380. No cosmetic changes at all. Handling f*****g amazing.

Most important thing is that changing from the Suzuki shock OR altering the links/swing arm etc WILL invalidate your insurance if found out (for instance in an insurance claim)

If you were closer to here Id say go visit the guy who did mine. Apart from the delay in getting the springs and the guy who serviced the shock being available it took 3 days.

D

Comment

Originally posted by DerekJ View Post
                  Ive just had my rear shock serviced (I was told it couldnt be but it was) and an uprated spring fitted.

Yes, the post 750 Kats shocks are rebuild able.

The 600 is not.

The pre is not.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Hi, have you considered the Koni shock?

Just received an email saying its a straight fit as expected.
                    Im looking to buy that one soon so hopefully itll sort out the crap ride.

Comment

Working...
                    X