X

I've been robbed! of performance!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been robbed! of performance!

Ok, so I bought my Katana last May, and the greatest time of my life ensued,

But I always had a few questions, as I acquired the bike when it was in desperate need of some TLC.

In a very old thread I had asked if my katana had been lowered, but today I'm pretty sure I figured out that it has been.

When I bought it, the forks were sticking out of the triple tree by about an inch. and I never payed much thought to the fact that my kick stand looked like it had been cut and re-welded.

Today I noticed that my dog bones don't look like the stock ones!

Here's a link to all the video evidence.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

So I guess when I put forks back to the proper position I took away some of my bike's agility. and I can blame the previous owned on my dented up Vance and Hines pipes

On the bright side, I guess I won't need new dog bones for when I get a B12 shock!

do you guys think I'll need a new kickstand?

Originally posted by Maverick.Marq View Post
    Ok, so I bought my Katana last May, and the greatest time of my life ensued,

But I always had a few questions, as I acquired the bike when it was in desperate need of some TLC.

In a very old thread I had asked if my katana had been lowered, but today I'm pretty sure I figured out that it has been.

When I bought it, the forks were sticking out of the triple tree by about an inch. and I never payed much thought to the fact that my kick stand looked like it had been cut and re-welded.

Today I noticed that my dog bones don't look like the stock ones!

Here's a link to all the video evidence.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

So I guess when I put forks back to the proper position I took away some of my bike's agility. and I can blame the previous owned on my dented up Vance and Hines pipes

On the bright side, I guess I won't need new dog bones for when I get a B12 shock!

do you guys think I'll need a new kickstand?

Once you raise it back to original height, yeah... your gonna want a kickstand.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Will a stock kick stand still work with a bandit shock? Assuming those dog bones are lowering it 1-2 inches? I was looking forward to the raise the bandit shock was going to give me. Now I'm all confused

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick.Marq View Post
        Will a stock kick stand still work with a bandit shock? Assuming those dog bones are lowering it 1-2 inches? I was looking forward to the raise the bandit shock was going to give me. Now I'm all confused

My bike uses the stock links and sidestand. Uses a b12 shock, modified to only raise it by 1 3/4". Works fine.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          My bike uses the stock links and sidestand. Uses a b12 shock, modified to only raise it by 1 3/4". Works fine.

Krey

I'm about to order a b12 shock off ebay, was there any years that don't work with the katana?

this bandit shock looks like it has a lot more turns then the other b12's I've seen

I ended up going with a 00-03 GSXR 750 shock, I couldn't find the thread of someone installing it, but I know the battery box needs mods, hopefully nothing too crazy
          Last edited by Maverick.Marq; 05-29-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

So I installed the gsx-r shock but left the modified dog bones. I just got the full length kickstand and installed it. I feel like the bike stands up dangerously straight. It actually almost dumped this morning when I was getting gear on.

Is it possible I'm still under stock height?

Comment

do you need a new kickstand...maybe

i unlowered my 02 kat and it leaned over a bit more then i want...

well 2 weeks later i ordered a stock kickstand off ebay last night...some places i cant park cause it leans so far the back tire almost comes off the ground

Comment

Working...
              X