X

Racetech Emulator Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racetech Emulator Question

Hey guys, I want to upgrade my forks on my 98+ so I can have a more comfy ride and controllable ride.

Question: Is it a must that you get Racetech Springs + Emulators? Or can you just get the emulators all alone and keep stock springs?

I've just come across this after reading through Squiggy's thread and researching a bunch. Any opinions on this?
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

If the stock springs aren't correct for your weight you wouldn't get the full benefit of running the emulators. + the bike will still dive when stopping.
    I mean, you COULD do it, but if you're going to drop the $ on emulators, not getting the springs seems silly. If anything, maybe get the springs first, install and change fork oil/seals. That alone will help plush the ride a little. Springs that are too soft mean it will compress too far too fast when you hot a bump and make it rougher.
    Just my .02. It's like taking the kids on a romantic weekend getaway when grandma volunteered to babysit. You'll enjoy yourself and the bike (or wife in the analogy) MUCH more if you don't have to look after them. Sure you can take them...but if you don't have to...
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

+1, that is why I went all racetech. Front and rear.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Lol I'm actually in the middle of that. Got the rear taken care of, parts for the front are in a box in the shed waiting on free time...been sitting for a month so far.... Damn you life for getting in the way!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Just did the front springs without emulators and still a huge difference. Very nice ride just getting the right springs. I can always add emulators later if I feel it is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
            Hey guys, I want to upgrade my forks on my 98+ so I can have a more comfy ride and controllable ride.

Question: Is it a must that you get Racetech Springs + Emulators? Or can you just get the emulators all alone and keep stock springs?

I've just come across this after reading through Squiggy's thread and researching a bunch. Any opinions on this?
            I would recommend the springs first if the budget does not allow both. Ideally you would want to install both to get the benefit of both damping control and the proper rate spring for your weight and skill level.

Tmod

Comment

It sounds like the emulators are much easier to install on the post kat now. You still have to drill holes in the dampening rod but do not have to modify any other parts. I would assume that adding a part to the inside of the fork you would need to re measure and cut the spacer shorter. Of course you have to take apart your forks so good to time with the need for new seals.
              If I am wrong, Tmod will probably give a better explanation.

Comment

Great info from everyone, I really appreciate it.

I'll have to save my pennies for my suspension desires. Speaking of suspension desires...

Tmod, have you had a chance to look over all of the PM's I've sent you? I'd like to get Redhawk's 750 rear shock rebuilt by you, but I haven't heard back from you on any of my PM's.
                2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                - Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                  Great info from everyone, I really appreciate it.

I'll have to save my pennies for my suspension desires. Speaking of suspension desires...

Tmod, have you had a chance to look over all of the PM's I've sent you? I'd like to get Redhawk's 750 rear shock rebuilt by you, but I haven't heard back from you on any of my PM's.
                  Well somma , My apologies about that. Just sent one to you.

T

Comment

Working...
                  X