Banjo Bolt question Y2K Katana SS lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banjo Bolt question Y2K Katana SS lines

2000 Katana 600

I purchased new SS lines. 2 up front, one for rear.

Now I see I have three lines up front and I wish to just convert to 2. Can I use the same banja bolt that has both lines attached to the T looking thing on the forks before you get to the handlebars?

I want to run both lines straight to the handlebar and attach both there and just was not sure that would work with the same bolt. The new kit did not include new bolts.
    Last edited by Ravelife; 05-11-2014, 07:55 AM.

your hoses should have a double banjo for front. OEM banjo won't work. you need to order correct parts. use new copper seals.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
      your hoses should have a double banjo for front. OEM banjo won't work. you need to order correct parts. use new copper seals.

Thanks, I don't know why it didn't come with these parts I will get in touch with them, after I posted I went and checked again and it was supposed to have new ones.

I appreciate your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravelife View Post
        Now I see I have three lines up front and I wish to just convert to 2. Can I use the same banja bolt that has both lines attached to the T looking thing on the forks before you get to the handlebars?

Yes, you can use the same bolt.

Do replace/use new crush washers.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
          upper banjo bolt won't work. Didn't realize lower one at block was a double. thanks Kreylyn.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Just so I get this straight... Cause I would like to switch out my lines this weekend...

Upper banjo bolts at the reservoir need to be replaced, but the ones at the callipers don't need to be replaced?
            2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
            - Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
              Just so I get this straight... Cause I would like to switch out my lines this weekend...

Upper banjo bolts at the reservoir need to be replaced, but the ones at the callipers don't need to be replaced?
              If you are doing the two line setup, use the double banjo that was in the splitter at the reservoir. The existing banjos are used still t the calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                If you are doing the two line setup, use the double banjo that was in the splitter at the reservoir. The existing banjos are used still t the calipers.
                +1

The reason the upper gets replaced when switching to a 2 line set up is that the banjo now has to pass through 2 bolts instead of just one as in the stock configuration. The original one just isn't long enough. The banjo at the stock splitter, which you won't be needing anymore, is the correct length to now use up top, as it was already being used for the 2 lines from the splitter to either caliper. Don't reuse any of the crush washers though, only use new.
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                  Oh, well isn't that something. Didn't even know that by going to a 2 line setup, I was saving myself by getting a fresh set of banjo bolts.

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                  +1

The reason the upper gets replaced when switching to a 2 line set up is that the banjo now has to pass through 2 bolts instead of just one as in the stock configuration. The original one just isn't long enough. The banjo at the stock splitter, which you won't be needing anymore, is the correct length to now use up top, as it was already being used for the 2 lines from the splitter to either caliper. Don't reuse any of the crush washers though, only use new.
                  Neat stuff. Like I said above, this is surprising to me that I won't have to buy any new banjo bolts (correct me if I'm wrong).

Fantastic if I can just do this swap with 3 new lines (2 up front and 1 back) and some new crush washers (sent by G&J)... again, correct me if I'm wrong haha
                  - Aaron

Comment

That and some good brake fluid.
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                      That and some good brake fluid.
                      Oh most definitely. Can't forget a brand new bottle of DOT4.

I've read up on brake fluids and only new bottles are recommended for fluid change-outs due to already-opened bottles attracting moisture. Just FYI for everyone. Thread-stealing over.

Thanks all.
                      - Aaron

Comment

Working...
                      X