Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Front brake line/pad change!!!!little help??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to remove calipers to change pads .
    Pop plastic cover , pull retaining clips and "m" clips (careful , they like to jump) , pull pins , pads drop out . Position a pad over the piston and push it back with a screwdriver . Now you simply drop in the new pads (don't forget the backers ) , put pins in (may wanna position "m' clips first to make it easier) , put in retainer clips , pop cover back on . Repeat as needed . Pump brakes when done .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

SS lines and pads

I installed the Galfer StainlessSteel braided brakline and pad kit off of Kneedraggers.com and it is wonderfull. I do weekly track days out at Hockenheimring and experience no brake fade and am out braking some of the latest and greatest. There is very little free play like on my 06 Triumph Sprint ST. The lever moves over a 1/4" before anything happens and it came with kevlar lines. The kit on my Katana though, you touch the lever and you are stopping. I am hitting an indicated 150-155 at the end of the back straight and bring it down to 30 or 40 and that is just one turn and I do over 10 laps a session. I am consistantly getting 24.6 miles per 15 minute sessions and doing three sessions an evening. There is only 15 minutes between sessions. I am running Conti Road Attacks. I know they are sport touring tires, but I am draggin my knees with them and have 12 sessions on them. They now need two laps to warm up now vs. one, but great tires.
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST
      2000 Katana 750 Streetfighter

Keep it rubber side down and your knees in the breeze.

Comment

Working...
      X