Post 750 shock options?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 750 shock options?

Hi guys,

I've looked around and can't find much on shock fitment on a 2003 750, does anyone know which shocks go in with least effort? My shock is failing so want to move quick on this.

Cheers

Hagon would be a good choice as you're in the UK, I'm about to fit one to my 1100 to replace the worn out original shock

Engelskmannen.
    Last edited by Engelskmannen; 08-16-2013, 01:38 AM. Reason: bad grammar
    Carpe Jugulum...
    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Let me know how you do with hagon unit would be good to get some feed back on them, I've looked at them but have concerns about the locking grub screw they mention on their site.

Comment

The post 750 is a rebuild able shock. You can have it sent out to be upgraded and rebuilt to your specs.

If you don't know a local place on your side of the pond, Racetech here in the US knows how to do it, and do it well.

Optionally... purchase a secondary used one and have it shipped to them to rebuild... for less down time.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

rebuild it yourself???

Are the parts available to rebuild the rear shock yourself? Mine at 43K is getting tired.....

Comment

That depends on the shock, and what you mean by "yourself"
            The post 750 shocks are generally servicable, but require the abiltiy to fill the nitrogen.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

There's nitrogen in it? I wouldn't be surprised if it's all leaked out by now
              I have CO2 but not nitrogen...
              Where can I get the replacement parts?

Comment

Originally posted by mektek View Post
                There's nitrogen in it? I wouldn't be surprised if it's all leaked out by now
                I have CO2 but not nitrogen...
                Where can I get the replacement parts?
                Racetech carries replacement springs and valves for the shocks if your wanting to upgrade your OEM shock.

krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Just a quick question...

Bringing up an old thread again...

Is the 600 shock rebuildable? I'm fairly sure mine should need a rebuild by now... or replacement if it isn't rebuildable.
                  2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                  - Aaron

Comment

Negative, the 600 is not. 750 and 1100 are. Popular replacement options are shocks from bandits (will raise the rear) and R6 (will lower the rear).
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                      Just a quick question...

Bringing up an old thread again...

Is the 600 shock rebuildable? I'm fairly sure mine should need a rebuild by now... or replacement if it isn't rebuildable.

No, but it's generally not that hard to find an inexpensive used 750 shock that will bolt right in.

The information about the r6 and b12 swaps is primarily for 88-97 Kats. The post kats are much better off using the post 750 rebuilt shock. The r6 won't work at all on the post. The b12 will raise the rear quite a bit.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                        Negative, the 600 is not. 750 and 1100 are. Popular replacement options are shocks from bandits (will raise the rear) and R6 (will lower the rear).
                        Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        No, but it's generally not that hard to find an inexpensive used 750 shock that will bolt right in.

The information about the r6 and b12 swaps is primarily for 88-97 Kats. The post kats are much better off using the post 750 rebuilt shock. The r6 won't work at all on the post. The b12 will raise the rear quite a bit.

Krey
                        Thanks for the info fellas!

eBay ahoy!
                        - Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                          Thanks for the info fellas!

eBay ahoy!
                          Aaron, I have a post 750 shock for sale.

Comment

Just remember that with the age of most of these bikes, used 750 shocks off ebay will probably need rebuilt and a spring for your weight. I found a used shock for $50, Spring was $136 w shipping and $100 to rebuild for a total of $286. It doesn't seem as expensive if you piece it together over a few months. I had just missed one on here that had just been rebuilt and sprung for my weight by racetech for less than that even. I hate being patient though. Three more days before I pick up my 750 shock and I hate it.
                            I usually end up paying more because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                              Just remember that with the age of most of these bikes, used 750 shocks off ebay will probably need rebuilt and a spring for your weight. I found a used shock for $50, Spring was $136 w shipping and $100 to rebuild for a total of $286. It doesn't seem as expensive if you piece it together over a few months. I had just missed one on here that had just been rebuilt and sprung for my weight by racetech for less than that even. I hate being patient though. Three more days before I pick up my 750 shock and I hate it.
                              I usually end up paying more because of it.
                              I know exactly what you mean!

I've been collecting parts for my 78 F150 for 5 years now! Only been able to work on it for 3 summers or so, but collecting parts = saving money!

Edit: I didn't know that shocks could be resprung for the specific weight of a person. I usually ride with my gal on the back, so no wonder why my rear end hurts after going over bumps!!

Any reading material you know of to toss my way? Threads?

I'm going to go on a wild goose chase to start searching.
                              Last edited by Aaron-71; 04-22-2014, 03:54 PM.
                              - Aaron

Comment

Working...
                              X