Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

This is wrong; right? or at least not stock...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is wrong; right? or at least not stock...

Hi so I haven't been able to get a good shot of the top of someone's forks (full disclosure, I didn't look through every single picture on here) I searched the manual and the forums and didn't see a reference to how the forks should be mounted. I'm assuming flush with the top of the triple.

here's a picture of how they where set up when I got the bike (ignoring the fact that the top is opened up right now.

it looks like the previous owner intended to lower the front end. On my post kat, the forks are level, and I think yours should be too

you can see the height on this picture of a pre kat http://www.google.com/imgres?q=1996+...r:38,s:0,i:199
    Last edited by edromero; 05-23-2013, 10:18 AM.
    previous rides
    06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
    next ride - another kat

Comment

Thanks, I figured at much. I wonder what they where trying to achieve doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick.Marq View Post
        Thanks, I figured at much. I wonder what they where trying to achieve doing that.

Is the rear lowered?

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I doubt it, but then again I wouldn't know. this bike had somewhat of a shady past. I figure the first owner loved it and took decent care of it. then sold it as part of a trade to the guy I bought it off of; who from what I can tell did absolutely no maintenance to the thing.

I guess my question is. how would I tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick.Marq View Post
            2 possibilities: lowering the front results in a quicker turn in. 2) some guys lower just the front because its easy, and you don't need to buy anything as you do when lowering the rear end.

Connected to the swing arm should be the suspension linkage...two pieces that look like "dog bones". One on either side of the shock mount.

Aftermarket dog bones are often adjustable and have extra holes drilled in them so that 2 different heights can be selected. Look at the dog bones and see if they appear stock- post a picture for more opinions
            previous rides
            06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
            next ride - another kat

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I'll check it out next time I work on the bike. which won't be till next week at least

Comment

A good side shot picture of the whole bike with the camera about 3-4 feet off the ground... and I would be able to tell you if it was lowered.

krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                X