swap post brakes onto a pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swap post brakes onto a pre

Hey All,
    looking on ebay at post front calipers, the pads look to have more surface area than my pre pads, does anyone know if they would, swap over, has anyone done this? i did a search but didnt see anything, just looking for input, THANKS

Originally posted by Gmc310 View Post
    Hey All,
    looking on ebay at post front calipers, the pads look to have more surface area than my pre pads, does anyone know if they would, swap over, has anyone done this? i did a search but didnt see anything, just looking for input, THANKS
    The mounting is different on the forks. You would need custom brackets to fix this. In that case, you could use any front calipers you wanted, like from GSXR or something.

Or... you could swap out the front end (triples, forks, so on) for a post front end.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

98+ brake calipers suck compared to pre 98 calipers. I don't care about "surface area". The pre 98 calipers are dual opposed pistons. The 98+ calipers are not. Stick with the pre 98 calipers.

Comment

thats what i wanted to hear, thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X