X

Need some hep with a set of GSXR forks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some hep with a set of GSXR forks

So I purchased this forks off Ebay ( and the triples) And just installed the front wheel and the wheel curves to the right. I switched it around and the same thing. I look at the forks and they seem askew. I am guessing the triple trees are hard to bend, but I am not positive they are or aren't. Is there some tests/ or other things to look at before I contact Ebay? Both sellers stated they were straight. I have installed GSXR forks before. Here are the pictures. Can you see if I am doing something wrong:

Thanks
    Patrick

Pull the forks back out.

Roll them across a flat surface... it should be pretty apparent if they are not straight as one of the ends will bob up and down as it rolls.

Looks like the right side upper outer tube is bent to me.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I agree with what Krey says. Roll them on a flat surface. The right one also looks bent to me.

Comment

2nd to last pic looks like the Left, (as you are sitting on the bike) is bent right below the lower fork brace.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I think this might be the issue:

Going to try and return the triples. I have never seen triples bend like this.

What do you think?

FYI here is the a good link for checking out USD (GSXR) forks:

Patrick

Comment

So the company that sold me the triples will not give me a refund. He escalated this transaction to the Ebay support. I am not trying to lose any sleep over this, but seriously who the F does this. You messed up and sold me a bent item, don't try and cover it up by lying. I have been very calm with him, but he will not back down and give me a refund.

Is there anything I can do? I went through Paypal but figured I cannot pull my payment back. So now he has the bent triples and MY money. Not that I can do anything with the triples anyway. I feel like I am going to get screwed with this transaction.

Seller name: midcycle
            His name and address: Daniel R. Gulmire 4012 VELP AVE Green Bay WI 54313

Comment

why did you send the triples back before confirming a refund with him? I'd go through paypal, keep your conversation threads and hopefully proof that you sent the item back.

Paypal usually sides with buyers, so as long as you didnt do something outrageous, you should be okay...

Comment

Paypal will refund you.

Just wait for their response.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks guys. Not that it is a huge monetary loss on my part if this goes south, but just the principle of the matter.

Comment

If ebay fails you, then paypal should help you out. If paypal fails you, call your credit card company and they should help you out.

Comment

F**k that guy and thanks Ebay for screwing me.

Comment

Working...
                      X