Inner fork tube replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner fork tube replacement

K so i ordered an entire front end on ebay....a 98 to put on my 2001
    It came with a bent fork and, of course, now i cant get in touch with the guy that sold it....and i dont wanna send it back anyway because it was the only full set up on ebay......anyway what i need to know is if the tubes are the same from say 1990 to 2001.....all i need to replace is the tube but i cant find any decently (cheap) priced ones in the 98-2002 range....

Originally posted by SnoMan View Post
    K so i ordered an entire front end on ebay....a 98 to put on my 2001
    It came with a bent fork and, of course, now i cant get in touch with the guy that sold it....and i dont wanna send it back anyway because it was the only full set up on ebay......anyway what i need to know is if the tubes are the same from say 1990 to 2001.....all i need to replace is the tube but i cant find any decently (cheap) priced ones in the 98-2002 range....
    There are variances between some of the parts, but it is possible to put pre tubes into post lowers.

600cc fork tubes are shorter by 11-13mm than 750 fork tubes.

I strongly suggest what ever you do, make it match exactly between both forks.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

So I guess that means I should go with a 600cc tube from the generation (98 to 02) that matches. Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      X