X

Swingarm/Sterring Stem Stands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swingarm/Sterring Stem Stands

I'm looking for advice on stands for the Katana. I've found a few on ebay for around $45. However, they are actaully 3 pieces bolted together. I've also seen stands for sale on kneedraggers.com and other places that fold down when not in use. Should I be wary of these types of stands? I've given up trying to use my centerstand and would like to be able to store the bike more upright.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Why have you given up on the centerstand ? And several members BUILT their own stands out of pipes and connectors from the hardware store . Info's on here somewhere .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I use a Lockhart Phillips rear stand and a Vortex front stand. Got the LP off ebay for like $100 if I remember right and I got the Vortex for about $145.

The "Fold Down" as you call it front stand is the type you want if you want to get the front off the ground easily and be able to work on it, including removing the forks. It lifts from the stem and is extremely stable (no fear of sitting on the bike or yanking hard to get a bolt loose). Now just to kind of clarify for you, yes it does fold when not in use but that hinge is the lever where the actual lifting of the bike comes in and is also what "locks" it into place when it's lifted.

There are several brands on the market, Pitbull has the best reputation but is also the most expensive. HandyStands are about the cheapest but the front stand is a fork lift and doesn't work for Kats I don't believe. Kat forks are different lenghts. LP is decent and has been around for a while and I'm really happy with my Vortex.

It really depends on what you want it for, storage or maintenance. I will say though that my stands really make things easy and are something I wish I'd have bought long before I did.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

MD: I found an old post by SEQX. He made his own stand. Already PM'd him.

Jim: Thanks for the links. I was looking at the Pitbull when I posted this. I'm looking for one for maintenence mainly. Despite reading all the posts here, I can't use the centerstand (even harder now with my wrist). So I'm looking for something I can lift by myself without putting to much pressure on my wrist.
        -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Here's the link I have from an earlier post.

I need to make one up so I can finally pull the forks and change the fork oil.
          Kyle

Comment

Pitbull has the best reputation for a reason, they're built like tanks and will last forever. Don't skimp on stands. If your bike falls off a cheap stand once, you've blown all you thought you had saved and then some.
            I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I like that one for the front. I need to get one for the rear first, though. I want to pull the fairings and paint them and would feel better wrenching on something more than the side stand.
              -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Working...
              X