No announcement yet.
X

Problem with bleeding front brakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well gwigs it looks like I have the same problem too. Put new seals and wiper seals in callipers and no pressure just like you. Will wait to see if your remedy works...Any one else have any ideas...pleeeeaaaasssseeee...

Comment

Hey gwigs....Have the same problem even after putting new seals and wipers...this is frustrating me. By the way, gwigs my service manual shows the lines going in at the top of the calliper.

Comment

Sounds like you might have air trapped in the back side of the caliper.

Did you put some fluid in the back half of the caliper before assembling it? You said you changed the seals....
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys.Well I found my problem it was a tiny bit of pitting on one piston right where the seal is,I dont know how I missed seeing it.So I have ordered two kits from the U.S.A,parts are way too expensive here in New Zealand. I can get two kits for the price of what one costs here.It was sucking air into the system.
          Pinpointed the problem to one piston when a friend brought his vacuum bleeder around.Bled three nipples and the fluid came through clear but the fourth looked like beer coming through the line,tiny bubbles continuosly.
          Great piece of equiptment the vacuum bleeder,this one hoked up to a compressor,really quick no mess way to bleed ....
          Last edited by gwigs; 01-11-2013, 01:24 PM. Reason: spoiling mistook
          And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Comment

while you are waiting for the parts take a look at the retainer pins that hold the brake pads. they will have groves / pittings too ( some more than others ). Ive seen people advise to run them over quick with some sandpaper. Personally I wouldnt use sandpaper. I use a metal file to get the pins flush, with sandpaper you just smooth out the groves you dont remove them.

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

you have to bleed the master cylinder first the the calipers.

its a pain in the ass but air in the master cylinder is hard to get out.
              pump it a few times then loosen the brake line at the master cyl. Make sure your bikes plastic and paint is well protected with rags. Do this a few times then bleed the calipers.
              if its still spongy. go back and bleed the system starting are the master cyl again.

FWIW most sportbikes like the GSXR CBR etc have a bleed valve on the master cyl for this very reason.

if you think thats tough... try bleeding a dual line set up. it can be a nightmare
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                while you are waiting for the parts take a look at the retainer pins that hold the brake pads. they will have groves / pittings too ( some more than others ). Ive seen people advise to run them over quick with some sandpaper. Personally I wouldnt use sandpaper. I use a metal file to get the pins flush, with sandpaper you just smooth out the groves you dont remove them.

Have already checked the pins out and they are fine.
                Looking forward to getting on the road again....
                Its summer here and I,m missing out on good riding weather...
                And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

Comment

Isnt it summer all year over there?
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

It doesnt get too cold here in Auckland we never get snow. but but further south it does get really cold,plenty of snow in the south island and lower north island....its about 25 degrees c or 78 f here tonight at 11.25pm just sitting around in shorts .....hows the weather over there ?

Comment

Working...
                    X