X

Pre98 600 forks on Pre98 750???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre98 600 forks on Pre98 750???

Well, I'm still trying to get my bike to new-like running condition. Guess that I bought a junker, had too many troubles and seems like the forks aren't straight.

So I'm thinking of getting new forks, and found some on e-bay, but they are for a 600, would they work on the 750 if I swap the internals??? Basically I just want the tubes to be straight, I'll reuse everything inside them.

Quick question, I think the forks aren't straight as I removed them from the bike, with the wheel and fender still bolted on, and the wheel doesn't look centered on the fender, and if I look at the left fork (from the side), the right doesn't look paralel. Is it normal or is it definitely a bent fork?
    Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

anyone?
    Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

I'm not sure on the bent fork thing, but yes the forks are interchangeable, only difference is the spring length/rate, so if you swap the internals you are good to go.

Comment

I have almost a similar question...could you put the pre98 600 entire front end on a pre 98 750? or is there going to be some major mods I'll have to do?
        "I was not gonna ride a fighter at first, but then my testicles, that's what we men have, told me that if I did not, they would leave. I value the relationship I have with my testicles and so proceeded to rock it fighter" - cannonball

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
          I have almost a similar question...could you put the pre98 600 entire front end on a pre 98 750? or is there going to be some major mods I'll have to do?
          that will be a direct bolt on. Some people have indicated that the 600 triples will cause the bars to hit the 750 guage cluster, but recently someone just posted up that they were able to use a 750 cluster on a 600.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Well thats good to know, do you know if the electronics will hook up the same? i crashed my bike and the whole front end is totalled and i found a doner on ebay..but its a 600 so i have to use everything from it
            "I was not gonna ride a fighter at first, but then my testicles, that's what we men have, told me that if I did not, they would leave. I value the relationship I have with my testicles and so proceeded to rock it fighter" - cannonball

Comment

Working...
            X