Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Help?! Different year forks? And lower triple tree bent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?! Different year forks? And lower triple tree bent.

After a crash my front forks and a lower triple tree got bent. It's a 2005 Katana and I got 2002 forks which ended up a little different but as of now looks like it's gonna fit (will it?). While trying to put them in today I found out that my lower triple tree is bent too so I have to get that replaced. The question is If I get 2004 lower triple tree, will it fit my 2005 Katana? (don't wanna take anymore chances)

go to www.ronayers.com and look up the individual parts on the fiche

I know there is some diference between 600 and 750 on the uppers/handle bars
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I already answered this SAME question on his other thread.

Comment

Sorry, new to this. Trying to figure out a way to delete this post...

Comment

You can't. For future reference, do not post the same question twice in different forums. It's annoying.

Comment

Got you.
            By the way, to follow up on that different axle topic. What if I get a 2002 axle? Then I would have to get a new wheel? Even If I will have to get a new wheel, it would be cheaper for me.

Besides, I can't even find the forks that fit the 03+ criteria.

Comment

You'd need a 98-02 front wheel, front rotors, front fender, steering stem (lower triple tree) and top tree. I think that's all, but there might be more. Oh yeah, you need the metal fender brace deal too.

Comment

Haha, point taken. By any magic chance would you know how to acquire 03+ forks?

Comment

If eBay doesn't have any I have no clue. I'd just wait for some to show up on eBay. For the record, any eBay "power seller" doesn't know dick about a Katana. Other then it's not worth anything. So never trust what eBay sellers say, ASK!

Comment

Thanks, You're the best!

Comment

Working...
                    X