X

Which brakes pads would you buy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which brakes pads would you buy?

I have a katana 750 2001. I need front brakes. I was gonna order these from bike bandit

They are basic semi metallic pads that are priced at $27 a pair,
    Then I thought, wonder what eBay has to offer and I found this
    [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/251094385902?redirect=mobile"]Semi Metallic Front & Rear Brake Pads - 1998-2002 Suzuki GSX 750 Katana | eBay[/ame]
    Some basic semi metallic pads for $28 but I get all six pads! Do that would save me $30 and I'll have extra rears.
    What do you guys think, anyone tried the pads off eBay. Are they basically the same. Id love to hear some feedback

EBC HH or Carbone Lorraine.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      I concur. Do not get HH pads for the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        I concur. Do not get HH pads for the rear.
        Works fine for me

Of course I bought them just to have matching pads.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

It's not something I would recommend to anyone when the rear locks up so easy anyway. Taylor, how often do you use the rear brake in that 100 miles a year?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            It's not something I would recommend to anyone when the rear locks up so easy anyway. Taylor, how often do you use the rear brake in that 100 miles a year?
            Ive touched the pedal while moving the bike around the garage a few times

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              +100

Please don't cheap on brake parts.
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I used HH pads on the front, forget which brand, and organic on the rear. can still lock them easily[rear].
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

im with the majority. EBC HH front an back for me. there great pads!
                  if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

I prefer the feel and performance from Kevlar or organic pads with SS lines.

they dont last as long but they work great and dont wear on the rotors as bad as HH pads. I still get a couple seasons out of a set of Kevlar pads.
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

When you order the front brake pads, Is there different numbers for each caliper side? The place I want to order is listing a different part number for each side and I just want to verify if that is correct or both sides just use the same pad

Comment

left and right are different
                        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Is there any perferred place you like to order from, the best price I can find on a set of pads is around 60

Comment

Comment

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

Comment

Working...
                              X