X

Squealing rear brake...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squealing rear brake...

My rear brake started making the squealing noise common when the pads are done. I ordered a new set.

Today I started to take the rear brake caliper off but upon closer inspection I see my rear pads have lots of meat left on them... I can't figure out what is causing them to squeak. My rear disk is above the min 4mm and it's not grooved or warped

Any suggestions ?

Use some brake lube and lube up the pins and sides of the pads. Clean the contact areas with a metal brush and get the dust/ dirt out. Apply a small amount of lube to the back of the pad that the caliper pushes in.

No more squealing.

Comment

I did the grease thing (Don't forget to clean the pins and check them for notches.) and coated the backs of the pads with anti-squeal paste. That was after hosing everything off with brake cleaner. No more squeal here, either.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Sintered pads are really bad for brake noise if your bike rotors have slightly rusted after washing etc...
        The advice these guys gave you is spot on. Maintain the caliper and use pad compound on the back sides.
        I highly recommend Kevlar pads for the rear.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
        X