X

Front disc buttons/Bobbins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front disc buttons/Bobbins.

Does anynoe know if the buttons/bobbins on the oem discs are a servicable part? can they be replaced/ taken apart?

mine are siezed slightly at the moment and i'm going to try free them up tomorrow but was just wondering if the parts can just be replaced as the discs still have a good bit of life left in them.

You're talking about the pins that connect the inner disk to the outer? I don't think so and I don't think I'd trust them if you did.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

They are rivits... if they are loose I would think you could tighten them once and be okay. If you want to remove them, your looking at replacement.

It's more likely though that your rotors simply need cleaned and the dirt/grunge/rust build up at those points just needs cleaned out.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

there's a good bit of rust on them at the moment, i've been at them with a wire brush which has helped, now i'm going to use the nut and bolt trick to try free them off.

yes they could also be refered to as the pins.

Comment

Working...
        X