X

Help!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!

Ive gota a 01 750 and just got in the parts to swith the handle bars to the 600 set up. i went to change out the top tree and the 600 tree i have is wider than the 750. I ordered the top clip on off of a 98-02 600. was that not what i needed? here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/230758217061
    "Burn rubber not your soul"

With this one I wont be able to help you as I never did that mod. But wait a while and someone will come around to post an answer.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Could anyone please measure their post 600 top tree? I have a feeling that the top tree I got is actually off of a 03 or up kat. At the same time Im almost scared to order another one and it be the same deal. I measured the one I just got vs my old 750 top clamp and there is about a 1/2 inch difference when measuring from the inside of the fork hole to the other. I dont want to waste anymore down time so I want to make sure I get it right this time. The one I'm watching now is this one. [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/380402037622?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619"]98 06 Suzuki Katana GSX 600 750 Upper Top Triple Clamp Tree | eBay[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MAINE0388 View Post
        Could anyone please measure their post 600 top tree? I have a feeling that the top tree I got is actually off of a 03 or up kat. At the same time Im almost scared to order another one and it be the same deal. I measured the one I just got vs my old 750 top clamp and there is about a 1/2 inch difference when measuring from the inside of the fork hole to the other. I dont want to waste anymore down time so I want to make sure I get it right this time. The one I'm watching now is this one. 98 06 Suzuki Katana GSX 600 750 Upper Top Triple Clamp Tree | eBay

If it's wider, you have the 03+ model part.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          If it's wider, you have the 03+ model part.

Krey
          I concur.

Comment

ok so I should have better luck ordering the I posted in my second post?

Comment

Originally posted by MAINE0388 View Post
              ok so I should have better luck ordering the I posted in my second post?
              That "EBAY" link is what I would call a crap listing. If the part isn't OEM on the year, then you shouldn't list it that way.

It's not the CC ... it's the year. Both 600 and 750 went wider front ends in 2003. There isn't a top triple alone that will fit all post years... either it's 98-02, or it 03-06. If you are going to swap years, you have to do so by getting pretty much the entire front end.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                That "EBAY" link is what I would call a crap listing. If the part isn't OEM on the year, then you shouldn't list it that way.

It's not the CC ... it's the year. Both 600 and 750 went wider front ends in 2003. There isn't a top triple alone that will fit all post years... either it's 98-02, or it 03-06. If you are going to swap years, you have to do so by getting pretty much the entire front end.

Krey
                Yea well the link I posted said that it came off a 00 600. Where as the one I previously purchased was listed 98-02 which is why I got it. Apprently he was mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                X