X

94 Katana 600 Rear Caliper Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Katana 600 Rear Caliper Issues

Hey guys this is my first post. Ive been on here looking for info about this. on my bike the rear caliper leaks when brake is pressed, i didn't always leak. i attempted to stop the squeaking and disassembled rear caliper when trying to put it all back together and started bleeding brakes i noticed that where the caliper is split into 2 pieces i see fluid appearing please help with this. i have replaced the o-ring twice and also where can i get aftermarket calipers or OEM if needed:repost

It's not supposed to be an o-ring in there, more of a flat, donut shaped seal. Take it all apart again and check to see if there's any burrs or dents that would let fluid past the seal. Also, make sure the seal is wet down with a little brake fluid before putting it all back together. That lets the seal sorta ooze into position as you tighten down on it instead of catching and twisting itself up.

As for replacing, if you need to you can find plenty of Kat parts on ebay and we've got a for sale section. Always someone parting out an old 600.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      As for replacing, if you need to you can find plenty of Kat parts on ebay and we've got a for sale section. Always someone parting out an old 600.

Like Me I know, truely shameless
      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Thanks I will give it another go. what all are you selling? And where can I find it?

Thanks, where can I browse what's for sale?
        Last edited by Bhayes63; 03-14-2012, 06:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
        X