No announcement yet.
X

What brake fluid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old unused fluid is good for cleaning out brake parts with... that's about it.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
      I have two bottles in my closet that have never been opened or exposed to light. They are probably 2 years old. Should I just go buy new stuff or is this fine?

Thanks!
      Unless I was planning a track day, I'd use it without a second thought.

From Castrol:
      There is no shelf life for Castrol GT LMA, however we would suggest that for maximum protection and performance, the product be used within 2 years of the date of manufacture. Regardless of the storage conditions, moisture can get into the product via osmosis thru the plastic. No partially filled bottles should ever be used - once open, use or discard.
      Oh, and how much... With a half liter, I can flush the brakes and the clutch on the Connie, and still have enough leftover to replace both brake hoses and calipers on the KLR. One 12oz bottle should take care of the brakes no problem. That said, it's easier to have a second bottle than to make a second trip to the store.
      Last edited by thetable; 03-07-2012, 09:21 PM.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Cool beans, thanks again for all the help guys, and sorry for the hijack haha.

Comment

Working...
        X