X

newb with the same old suspension ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb with the same old suspension ?

i've had my 99 katana 600 for about 6 months now. the rear suspension is very soft... bottoms out frequently. i'm 6'2" and weigh 185. i have read several of the other threads on his topic and everyone says to talk to tmod... being new i can't yet send pm's so if anyone has some recommendations or tips on how to correct the issue please let me know. or is it just time to replace?
    btw, previous owner had the preload cranked right up

thanks

I'd toss it all in the trash and completely start over

Go postwhore for a minute or two and send T a pm, only takes 5 posts I think...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

right on thanks! i figured as much

Comment

Originally posted by minikeith View Post
        i've had my 99 katana 600 for about 6 months now. the rear suspension is very soft... bottoms out frequently. i'm 6'2" and weigh 185. i have read several of the other threads on his topic and everyone says to talk to tmod... being new i can't yet send pm's so if anyone has some recommendations or tips on how to correct the issue please let me know. or is it just time to replace?
        btw, previous owner had the preload cranked right up

thanks
        My recommendation would be a B12 shock internally shortened in the rear and some decent fork springs and fluid up front. You can go with emulators as well if you have the extra money.

Tmod

Comment

I'll have a b12 shock spare in a few weeks. Let me know if your interested. I can send it to Tmod to get worked on if you want to go that rout or I can just send it to you.
          I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
          -Unholy m-
          Current project: Un-Katchable
          sigpic

Comment

Do what ever Tmod says. You can't get a better suspension solution for the money.
            Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X